Friday, June 28, 2013

Influenster - Sunkissed VoxBox!

"Influenster is a free -to-join community of invited trendsetters who live to give opinions of products and experiences. Influenster creates links between brands and members to reward participation and influence future products."

I've been in the program a little while now and this is the third package I have received.  This is the 2013 Sunkissed Voxbox.  So let's see what I got . . . 
(Click for larger photo, to read the details if interested.)

I almost didn't bother with this Sunkissed box because I knew one item I wouldn't ever use, and two others I was iffy on.  But then I figured 'Ah what the heck,' and went ahead with the pre-qualifying survey, and was thrilled to find out later that I'd been selected.  Woot!

Dr. Scholl's For Her - High Heel Insoles (retail $10.99)
This is the item I knew I'd never use.  While I do currently have a pair of the regular Dr. Scholl's for her inserts in my work shoes, I do not wear high heels ... ever ... and have no use for these.  If anyone wants them I will gladly send them to you.

Goody Ouchless Ribbon Elastics (retail $3.99-$4.99)
I am looking forward to trying these hair ties though!  Especially since my hair is pretty long now (for me) and I'm always putting it back anyway.  I saw somebody in a YouTube book haul video swear by these types of bands.  I'd always passed them by, thinking they wouldn't stay tight enough to stay in place.  We shall see!  And how nice that there is a PURPLE one in there!

Olay Fresh Effects - BB Cream -
Skin Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer With SPF 15 (retail $12.99)
I do not wear makeup, never have, but I do love to watch beauty 'gurus' on YouTube and it always makes me want to try beauty products but then I chicken out because I'm so self-conscious and never-changing.  *dramatic sigh*  But anyway, I know a year or so ago BB creams were all the rage.  Maybe they still are, I'm not even sure.  So I was curious about this product.  The box says it 'refreshes, brightens, evens tone, hydrates, smoothes, and protects.'  The box also says that BB cream is 'also known as beauty balm, one of Asia's hottest beauty sensations.'  Hmm, well ok.

SinfulShine with Gel Tech (retail $2.99)
While I very rarely do it, I will wear nail polish once in a while.  It's another one of those girlie things that I'd like to get into but just never do because it's so out of character for me at this point.  So while I was iffy about getting a bottle of polish I was also excited because it might give me more incentive to actually paint my nails more.  
There was an info card with this, and it says this line is found exclusively at Walgreens and only for a limited time.  The color I got is called VIP.  It's one the far right of the card, second one down, if you care to compare with what else is available.  It's a bright, bright pink ... the picture looks quite true to the real thing.  I do like the color.  I've never used this particular brand and I am by no means a nail polish expert, so I'll just have to use it one of these days and see how it goes.

And that's what I got in my Sunkissed Voxbox.  And all for free!  Pretty cool, huh?  If you're a blogger or a Tweeter or a Facebooker you should join Influenster.  They have a lot of different themed boxes and there are always campaigns going on.  It's not like the same box goes out to everyone once a month.  And there are tons of ways to boost your score or rating on the Influenster site, like posting reviews, blogging, YouTubing, Tweeting, pretty much anything online.  I was frustrated in the beginning because I didn't know how things worked but now it's fun.  And it's totally freakin' free!

Disclaimer - I received these products free from Influenster for testing and review purposes.  Opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try the Dr. Scholls. May I have them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HUGE apologies for not responding to this sooner! If you could email me using my 'Contact' button in the right side bar, we can get details worked out. :)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I LOVE those elastic hair tie-er back-ers, they are really awesome. I got one from another company and use it all the time.

    Cool polish, it's a nice looking pink. Please try it and take photos of your hand, even if it's just for swatching and photoing purposes! It looks cool, and looks like they have a ton of different shades!

    I got an influenster box soon, I will photo and post soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have one of that type of hair tie from Birchbox way back when I tried that program out. I never used it because I didn't think it would hold tight or stay in place. I'm finally using one of these Goodie ones today and I'm impressed! It has moved a bit and my hair is not working its way out.

      I didn't know you were an Influenster! I've now seen your score and it's higher than mine. LOL I've got some work to do! Not surprising though because I don't do much in trying to boost it. If I were to use Twitter it would help.

      ~Deb

      Delete