Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Melted - My Pink Dreams / Lemon Pound Cake

Lemon Pound Cake - 'This wonderful baked aroma begins with zesty lemon rinds, rounded out with buttery yellow sponge cake, toasted coconut, smothered in buttercream frosting.'

I've been soooo into lemon scents this year.  I mean, I've always liked lemon but now I just seem to gravitate towards any lemon scented tart or candle I see.  So of course when I saw this one (and only 25cents!) I knew I had to get it.  Sadly though, I wasn't thrilled by this particular scent.  I didn't really get any lemon note at all.  There was something lending a sweetness but I never did recognize it as lemon.  Even the cake note seemed off.  It was almost more like a bread scent than a cake scent.  And there was a saltiness . . . which then made me think of the dreaded zucchini bread scents.  I even wondered at one point if this was just a mislabeled tart?!    (But no, because the cold scent is a smidge lemony and cakey.)

I decided to melt this whole 2 oz. tart instead of cutting it in half.  I put the whole darn thing in my tea light warmer that has the biggest dish.  This had a strong scent in the room the warmer was in, and a strong throw to all the other rooms in the downstairs of my house, but the scent was light to medium in those other rooms.  The scent remained strong through one tea light melt (4 hours) but since I wasn't crazy about this one I didn't bother melting again to see how much longer the scent would last.

A decent performance from this one, but I just didn't like the scent.

4 comments:

  1. That's a shame! I can't seem to get enough of the lemon and lime scents lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not often I come across a lemon scent I *don't* like. Oh well.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Dang! Usually lemon scents don't get it wrong. On the flip side, eh, it was only a quarter. Good news about the performance though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yep, only a quarter so no biggie. And I just haven't even been in a tart melting mood lately. Ah well, that will change as we creep closer to FALL. Yeeeee!

      ~Deb

      Delete