Saturday, June 15, 2013

Melted - My Pink Dreams / Orange Chiffon Cake

Orange Chiffon Cake - 'Orange Chiffon Cake: A decadent blend of warm, buttery vanilla pound cake topped with a creamy, sweet orange meringue sprinkled with orange zest and toasted hazelnut.'

I really like this scent.  There is a strong cake note, but it's pound cake so it's not as sweet as a birthday cake or cupcake type scent.  It is a warm and cozy bakery scent, sweet creaminess from the vanilla and hazelnut, but there is also just enough of that orange to brighten it up.

This was my first experience with melting something from My Pink Dreams.  Cold scent was strong so I was hopeful.  Since the scent shot was about 2 oz. I decided to cut it in half.  I don't like having to cut tarts but since I usually only melt about 1 oz. at a time, and since this was my first time melting from this vendor, I decided to go ahead and cut this.  Luckily, it was very easy to cut.  (I hate when they're hard and either crumble or you fear you'll lose a finger trying to force the knife through.)  

I melted half a tart (about 1 oz.) in my tea light warmer and got a decent medium scent.  In the room where my warmer is I could smell this easily but it was not at all overpowering.  I could smell it on a slightly lighter level throughout the whole downstairs of the house.  The scent did lighten a bit by the end of the tea light (about 4 hours) but I could still easily smell it.  Considering I only paid 25cents for each of these tarts, if they all perform at least as well as this one I will be happy.

4 comments:

  1. I'm still amazed at the price of those shots! Impressed as well that it performed decently. At that price my expectation would have been pretty low, but it sounds like it did quite well! I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not as pristine and pretty as others but yeah, for the price they're pretty darn good. I'm not in a hurry to order more, mainly because the scent options are so limited, but maybe she'll add more. Or maybe she's phasing out of tarts. I have no clue.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. 25 cents...I still can't get over it! Medium throw is pretty good for that price! Did you happen to get any fresh scents from this order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No fresh scents in this order. I don't think she even had any, the choices were extremely limited.

      ~Deb

      Delete