Monday, July 22, 2013

Melted - My Pink Dreams / Green Apple Explosion

Green Apple Explosion - 'We believe we have quite possibly found the "spunkiest" green apple fragrance on earth! We thought about calling it Granny Smith Apple, but this fragrance deserves a name that "pops" just like its aroma.'

Somewhere in my brain I always seem to associate apple scents with fall, whether they are spicy or baked or plain.  I was surprised to find that didn't happen with this one.  I'd said in my cold sniff first thoughts (in my haul post) that there almost seems to be something more than apple in this scent, that it reminds me of Jolly Rancher candies.  It is definitely an apple scent, juicy and bright and full, but it's very sweet.  Maybe there is sugary sweetness along with the apple?  Maybe that's why I think of candy?

I melted this whole 2 oz tart in my tea light warmer and was pleased to find it had a good medium-strong scent in the room the warmer is in, and lighter hints of it in adjacent rooms.  I do prefer my tarts stronger than this but considering how light most of the others from this small haul have been, this one is acceptable.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to know that other people associate apple with fall! I do the same thing, perhaps it's the ciderness of fall? LOL!

    This one sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really fond of cider scents. I do associate them with fall, but I don't automatically associate apple scents with cider. If that made any sense...lol

      ~Deb

      Delete