Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Melted - Soap Up / Blast Off!

Blast Off! - 'Columbian coffee, spices, nut and vanilla buttercream.' 
 
On cold sniff this was a really nice scent.  There wasn't much of a coffee note but there was a deep, rich, creamy note that was just so delicious.  I have to rely on my cold sniff notes because, unfortunately, this was a total dud when melted.  I got nothing from it.  Nothing.  I'm rather baffled by that because while the cold scent was still on the lighter side, I could still very easily smell it.  Where did it go once melted??
I started with just half of this tart (.7 oz. worth) in my tea light warmer and when I got no scent I added the other half.  When I still got nothing I thought maybe I just needed to wait a while, because there have been times when a scent didn't present itself until much later in the heating process.  Since this was my first ever tart from this vendor, I tried to keep an open mind and I waited it out.  In the end, I got nothing from this tart.  Even when I put my nose right over the warmer I only got the very faintest hint of scent.

This was a disappointing first experience with this vendor . . . but luckily the next tart I post about redeems itself.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. It's good that you kept an opened mind about this, especially since it was your first experience with this vendor! Sad this didn't have a throw, but looking forward to seeing your other thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a believer in cure time for wax but it did enter my mind, 'Maybe if I'd let them sit for a while...' lol

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete