Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Melted - Soap Up / Half Baked

Half Baked - 'Mouth-watering cinnamon and brown sugar baked into moist cake
with drizzled icing accord.' 

My previous (and first experience) with this vendor's tarts left me leery because it had been a dud.  I am very pleased to announce that this one performed just fine!  I found I wasn't as fond of this scent as I thought I was on cold sniff though.  The cinnamon really came through once this was warmed.  Not a sweet, candy or fall-like cinnamon either . . . but a sharp, bakery, straight cinnamon.  The longer it melted though, the more the sweeter notes tried to come through.  There is a light cake note and something else, probably from the brown sugar, but that harsh cinnamon note stayed on top.

Since I wasn't expecting much from this after my experience with the previous one, I went ahead and melted this entire 1.5 oz. tart in my tea light vendor.  I was surprised and pleased to find that this one throws a nice medium-strong scent.  I could easily smell this in the room the warmer was in, and could pick up hints of it in adjacent rooms.  While the scent did last the entire four hours of one tea light, I'm not fond enough of it to try another melt and see how long it lasts.

I was happy this tart performed well but I would not buy this particular scent again.

4 comments:

  1. This scent sounds lovely! And it's good that the throw was medium-strong, woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the strongest of the three I'd ordered, just wish I'd liked this scent more.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. What are those little things on top? Sprinkles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are those little round cookie/cake sprinkles. She told me she usually uses colored sugars but was out at the moment.

      ~Deb

      Delete