Friday, July 26, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Banana Caramel Pound Cake

Banana Caramel Pound Cake (SF Blend)- 'Warm bananas, caramel sauce, and spice baked into a fresh yellow pound cake.'
This is a yummy sweet bakery scent, strong on the banana.  I like the Cupcake version of this scent better because you get a more distinct cake note.  This is still nice though.  Being pound cake, that cake note isn't quite as sweet and obvious.  There are hints of caramel but it seems more of a banana/cake scent.  Very nice.

I melted this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had a delicious medium-strong scent in the room the warmer is in.  I can smell it on a lighter level in other parts of the house but since I was also making soap while I had this melting, the soap smells pushed out the tart scent in the kitchen.  It probably would have been stronger all over the house if I hadn't been making soap.  Still, this one has staying power.  Well after the tea light had gone out and the wax had cooled and hardened, I was still smelling this scent.

I really liked this scent but like I said, I prefer the cupcake version and would order that one over this next time.

1 comment:

  1. Cupcakes are often less "buttery," IMO. Cupcakes are delicious and sweet and yum. Glad you liked this scent!

    ReplyDelete