Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Caribbean Salsa

Caribbean Salsa- Blend of sweet pineapples, peach, yuzu, and vanilla. You'll definitely love this!

When I picked this one it was because it sounded summery and because I'd like to eventually try each and every one of Sweet Fixations's scents.  I thought the addition of vanilla would be the interesting thing in this blend.  On cold sniff, there is a happy, juicy, fruity note from the pineapple and some peachiness.  I don't know why yuzu smells like so I can't say for sure if it's noticeable in here.  The vanilla is not obvious but it does sort of soften the overall wow from the fruits.  I was leery right away though because the cold scent was light.

Sure enough, melting this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer produced almost no scent at all.  I could get a verrrrrrry light background presence but nothing you'd really notice if you didn't know something was melting.  Every once in a while, if I walked by the warmer and stirred up the air I'd get a nice whiff of this, but overall it was a dud.  I did get a second one in this scent as one of my freebies but I don't know if I'll bother melting it or just pass it on in an eventual swap or something.

This one was a bummer but I still *love* Sweet Fixations!

4 comments:

  1. Bummer :( It's rare to get a dud from SF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall soldier on through my journey of trying every one of Sweet Fixations' scents. Well, not the zucchini ones. And maybe not all of the Pink Sugar blends. Oh, and not the florals unless hubby wants them.

      But everything else for sure! lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Sadness! Caribbean Salsa is a great scent, have you tried it in candle form from B&BW? You might like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, maybe I have?! I had one of the teeny baby candles in some scent along these lines quite some time ago. Hmmm...

      ~Deb

      Delete