Monday, July 8, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Freshly Bitten

Freshly Bitten- Fun fruity scent with notes of lime and orange,
slight fizzy notes, and a berry, cherry sweetness. 

First let me mention that Sweet Fixations owner Tia was having problems with her printer or something and her labels will look like this for a while . . . basic black, white, with pink logo, instead of the usual colorful round one with a scent related picture like we're all familiar with.

Anyway, if you kinda tip your head to the right and look at the tart in the pic, the white embed is actually a portion of vampire teeth.  See it?  Get it?  Goes along with the name Freshly Bitten?  That's cute and worth pointing out.

An-y-way!  I've had this scent before in handcrafted soap and I think maybe in tart form from some other vendor, and while I've always liked it, the sort of fizzy note was the one down note for me.  So when hubby picked this one while I was plotting my big gift certificate order, I was kind of blah about it.  He had it melting all day yesterday though and I was very surprised how much I liked it!  Well, I have always liked this scent but yesterday, this version or something just had me loving it.  The fizzy note is mild in here.  Hubby said he picked it up easily, but for me it almost wasn't even noticeable.  I liked that because it didn't distract from the bright, cheery, fruity scent.  You do get the orange and the cherry and the lime.  There is sweetness, and just a bit of tart, a bit of zing.  It's a juicy sweet, like punch.  I really really like this one!

Hubby melted this entire 1 oz. tart in a tea light warmer in the living room, which is on one end of the house.  I could easily smell this throughout the house, and even picked up traces of it when I was outside, doing some yard work near the living room windows.  In the room the warmer was in, this was a strong scent.  It was not overpowering though, just very there on a 'What's that fun scent?' level.  In other rooms it was a lighter scent but still easily noticed.  And it was long lasting!  We melted it three times (12 hours) and it was only at the end of the third melt that the scent finally started to die out.

This is an awesome summer scent without being the usual tropical type.  This would be good year-round as a bright pick-me-up when you're sick of pumpkin and cinnamon scents, and when you're tired of being cooped up for winter.  I will definitely repurchase this one!

10 comments:

  1. I love the vampire teeth! Sounds like a perfect Florida summertime scent for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you place your order, like you know you're going to (hehe), be sure to get this. :)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. This one sounds great! I love her little decorative touches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it. I know this is a fairly common scent but probably under various names. I'm curious now who all has it. Hmmm, I'll have to look around next time I'm bored.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I wonder if this is the same scent as Bite Me from other vendors, it sure sounds like it! I was confused to see the non-colorful labels on the tarts but I'm glad you cleared up that issue! I hope she gets her printer fixed soon because the colorful labels are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably is Bite Me. It usually has a 'bite' related name whenever I see it.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. LOVE the vampire teeth embed, so creative! Even those black/white/pink labels are sleekly cute.

    It's crazy how one person can smell something and another person who is in the same exact room can't pick up on the notes! But I love that your hubby is into planning orders with you, that's very nice and cool of him.

    Glad you won that giveaway, I love your reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't usually get too involved with orders because he still likes to burn candles instead, but I think once in a while he just gets sick of all the bakery scents I always get and asks for something HE likes. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. Morning Deb! Just wanted to pop-in and tell you that you inspired me to place my first Sweet Fixations order! I got the fright night sampler (which includes freshly bitten), the warm and cozy sampler and 5 scent shots in: violet & birch (couldn't get that scent idea outta my head once I saw you got it as a sample), vanilla sandalwood, sweet lullaby, lavender marshmallow and one more I forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! I just don't understand why Sweet Fixations isn't more popular, but in a way I'm glad because we don't have to deal with the long TAT, the open-close technique, or the crazy hoarding suckup wax snobs.

      I'm anxious to start buying fall scents. I considered doing it with my gift certificate but thought 'Nah, I've got time,' but I haven't even really been melting a lot of tarts lately and the stuff I have will probably last well into fall. Doh! I should have gotten some fall scents! lol

      ~Deb

      Delete