Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Go Bananas

Go Bananas- Fun fragrance with ripened bananas mixed with crisp apples, creamy caramel, and toffee bits.

Strong banana note in this one.  I didn't get any hint of apple at all, didn't even remember there was apple in here until finding the scent description to do this post.  I kept wondering if this was similar to a Banana Foster type scent because along with the obvious banana note, there is a warm sweetness from the caramel and toffee, almost making it a bakery type scent.  Sometime caramel scents have a sort of harshness, and this one does have a hint of that.  Overall, this is along the lines of a rich dessert scent.

Melting this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer, I had medium-strong scent but very strong throw.  I could actually smell this better in adjacent rooms than I could in the room the warmer was in.  That was interesting, and fun.

This tart performed great but I'm undecided on this particular scent.  I'm not sure I'd order it again because there is just one small, odd note that I don't like.

2 comments:

  1. I like banana bakery scents...this sounds pretty good. Aside from the odd harshness. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Banana Caramel Cupcake is still up there in my favorite scents. :)

      ~Deb

      Delete