Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Orange Chiffon Cake

Orange Chiffon Cake- Warm orange cake blended with creamy vanilla batter,
hazelnut, syrup, and citrus.

This is a yummy one.  (Aren't they all?)  There is a distinct cake note, and a bright sweetness, but you probably wouldn't recognize it as orange if you didn't know what it was.  There is  also a warmth and creaminess, probably from the hazelnut and vanilla.  At times I thought there was a caramel-ish note, other times I thought it was a maple note, and other times I thought it was a butterscotch note.  Whatever it was, it was good.

I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had a good, strong scent in the room the warmer is in, and on a more medium level in adjacent rooms.  When I came back into the house from getting the mail, I could immediately smell a light version of this when I opened the door.  It stayed strong the entire first melt (tea light = four hours) and still packs a punch now as I melt it a second time, although it is slightly lighter.

I would buy this one again.

2 comments:

  1. I much prefer lemon chiffon over orange chiffon. This sounds lovely, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya know what? Now I want to make Lemon Bars. Haven't made them in ages. Mmmmmmmmm!

      ~Deb

      Delete