Friday, July 12, 2013

New! Glade - Wax Melts

Earlier this year, Febreze came out with a line of candles and wax melts, and that was pretty exciting.  Well now Glade has come out with their own wax melts.  Cool!  I saw several scents, pretty much whatever you find in their room sprays and other products, it looks like you can find in these wax melts.  The ones I saw today were . . .
  • Pure Vanilla Joy
  • Hawaiian Breeze
  • Clean Linen
  • Vanilla Passion Fruit
  • Wild Raspberry
  • Cashmere Woods
  • Fresh Berries
  • Lavender & Peach Blossom
  • Jubilant Rose
And there were combo packs of . . .
  • Vanilla Passion Fruit / Hawaiian Breeze
  • Jubilant Rose / Lavendar & Peach Blossom
  • Fresh Berries / Wild Raspberry
The packages are 3.1 oz., have 8 individual cubes, and sell for $2.98 at Walmart.   The packaging is like a typical clamshell, and they do pop open easily so you can sniff the wax.  Each of the cubes are already separated, not like other clamshells where you have to break them apart.  Not that breaking them apart is a big deal, but this is handy.  It doesn't say what kind of wax this is.  Kinda looks like soy, but maybe it's a para-soy blend?

One interesting thing on the inner label is that it mentions 'Glade wax melt warmers.'  When Febreze came out with theirs, they had cute little warmers on display right next to the wax.  I did not see any 'Glade wax melt warmers' at the display stand where these melts were.  Now I'm curious and will have to look around next time I'm there.

Another thing on the inner label is that it says 'Do not use more than one melt at a time.'  *snort*  C'mon, Glade . . . you gonna tell me how to use wax?  Hehe, I just had to laugh at that.

Obviously the one I bought is Pure Vanilla Joy.  I have two cubes (Don't tell Glade!) going in my tea light warmer (Don't tell Glade!) right now and am relieved to find these guys are quite strong.  This particular scent is sooooo yummy.  There is no scent description, but this seems like more than just vanilla to me.  It reminds me a lot of the Febreze Almond Sugar scent.  There is something almost sugar cookie-y about it.  I love it.

I know a lot of people don't care about the commercial brands of wax because they are loyal to the handcrafted market.  That's fine.  I, however, am not against trying these things as I come across them, especially now that more and more companies are coming out with tarts.  Sometimes it's just more convenient to be able to sniff something and know whether you like it or not, to happen across a new or seasonal scent and just buy it and have it instead of hunting it down in the private market and paying more (plus shipping) and waiting through increasingly long turn-around-times, only to find out when you receive it that it's not what you were hoping for.  I also think commercial brands are stepping up their game and making these things stronger now.  I will definitely be excited to see what fall/holiday scents they come out with in these little cubes!

So yeah, Glade now has wax melts.  Have you seen them?  Will you try them?  What scent most interests you?

37 comments:

  1. I haven't seen these yet! When I do, I'll be sure to pick some up. The wild raspberry has me interested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how good these are. Well, the vanilla at least. :)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I also noticed the inner package said to use with a glade warmer. I didn't see or know they made such a thing so I am excited to look for them as well! In the mean time I am using a warmer from a popular company I get stuff from often. See how it goes I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to warmers I pay no mind to what the wax manufacturer says. Glade says to use Glade warmers. Febreze says to use Febreze warmers. Scentsy says to use Scentsy warmers. It's all marketing to get more money from their own products.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. *laugh*
    Telling us how to use wax. HA! Know your audience, Glade!

    I looked for these at Target and couldn't find them. Sadness! I will check Wally World!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the Febreze tarts and candles over in the regular candle aisle, but these Glade ones were in a big display closer to the laundry detergent aisle, ya know, where all the other Glade, Renuzit, etc. products are.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. THEY HAVE THE ELECTRIC WARMERS WITH THE WAX AT WALMART THE REASON THEY TELL YOU ONE AT A TIME IS BECAUSE THEY DO NOT LESSEN IN MASS JUST SENT AND IF YOU MELT TOO MANY YOUR WARMER DISH WILL BE TOO FULL I MELT ONE A DAY CLEANING OUT DISH AFTER 3 DAYS

      Delete
  4. I use clean linen wax melts and I absolutely love them! Although, I put two cubes in my warmer and it was so full as it heated it popped wax onto my table. So needless to say I stick with one cube now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops! What type of warmer do you have? Must have a small dish...?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. Would these be able to be used in a scentsy warmer? or will they not melt, my scentsy lady told me that a lot of waxes you buy at walmart or target etc do not work in scentsy warmers... I wasnt sure if this was just her way of making me buy more scentsy wax melts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scentsy is big on trying to convince everyone that only their wax works in their warmers, and that their wax is 'safer.' Just like Glade wants you to use their cubes in Glade warmers, and Febreze wants you to use their melts in their warmers...... It's marketing.

      I would guess that these will work just fine in any warmer. :)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Scentsy is actually safer though. It's non-toxic to kids and pets whereas the Glade melts have big warning notices on the label to keep away from kids and pets. That's kind of an important distinction, especially to a cat owner like me.

      Delete
    3. Really? Because I see right on my package of Scentsy Hawaiian Paradise, in big capital letters, 'WARNING: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS.' And it goes on to talk about prolonged contact, and damage to fabrics and surfaces...

      Just like other waxes.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    4. I think Scentsy brainwashes people as much as Scientology does.

      Delete
    5. 'Anonymous' - LOL and *high five*

      ~Deb

      Delete
  6. I just love how long the wax melts last regardless of who makes them. Yes I sell Scentsy. I just love the idea. Wax can melt differently, but I am big on saving money so use any wax with our warmers (shhh...don't tell my boss hee hee) https://aromabar.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed...strongly scented wax is what I like, regardless who has it. I have tea light warmers and will use whatever wax I want to in them. :)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  7. Thank you this was helpful. I want to try different waxes in my Scentsy warmer and I just couldn't find an unbiased answer until now. Is there wax melt you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just remember, there is nothing magical about wax or warmers. Wax just needs a heat source to melt it, and all warmers provide heat. There is no secret recipe or design that keeps Glade wax from melting in a Scentsy warmer, etc.

      Do you order from private vendors online? There are tons to choose from, and several that I like...Sweet Fixations, Front Porch, Sea Breeze Scents & Things, among others. If you're just looking for store brands I'd absolutely recommend the Better Homes & Gardens/Scentsationals tarts found at Walmart.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  8. I do order online, but I received a coupon for glade wax melts, so I was really wanting to take advantage of the deal. However I will have to check out these other places as well for future reference. I like the warmers better than the plug ins, they seem to last longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a coupon for $1 off 2 packs. I almost used it on the Pumpkin Spice and the Apple Cinnamon, but decided to wait and see if the winter scents come out before the coupon expires in October.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  9. Yes I have that one as well. I am excited to try it. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Comparing the Glade melts with Scentsy, which is better in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First and foremost, I think Scentsy is overpriced so of course I'm going to go with the Glade melts. I've tried several Scentsy scents and found them hit or miss just like any other vendor. As for Glade though, I've only tried this one scent so far but it was plenty strong, and cheaper.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  11. How long does each cube last for and how long can they stay on for. Just hours or like other pulg in - all the tiem until they are used up?
    It doesn't give any of that info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use electric warmers so I can't really say how long they will last or how long people leave them on. I have heard many people say they leave their warmers on all day, so I would guess you can leave these (or any) cubes in until the scent is gone.

      I use tea light warmers myself.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  12. Interesting post Deb! I purchased the Glade Wax Melts in my 2 favorite scents (Hawaiian Breeze and Cashmere Woods). I was able to burn the Cashmere Woods (1 tart) last night and I was surprised at how strong they were! I'm in love!!!! Is there a reason why you prefer tealight warmers over electric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      I started out with a tea light warmer many years ago. I don't even think electric warmers were commonly available way back when I started. Anyway, I'm just used to them now, and it's a convenience thing not having to worry about being hear an outlet or having a cord hanging.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  13. I bought an scensty candle and a glade hawiian breeze wax blocks can i use them together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Scentsy warmer? Yep, they should work just fine together. =)

      Thanks for reading.
      ~Deb

      Delete
  14. I love wax melts! I have my wax melts from www.weallloveit.nl, this wax melts are of 100% natural soya was and smell wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Audrie.

      I have not heard of that website. Is the 'nl' Netherlands?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  15. I use glade wax melts in my scentsy warmer. Today I broke a vanilla scentsy and glade fresh berries wax melt in half and put them in together in my scentsy. it smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound nice!

      I keep looking for the custard-whatever scent that I mentioned in another post, but never see it at my store.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  16. I have a glade wax warmer and...I accidentally dropped my dish. Where can I find a replacement :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed Glade through their website last fall, asking about replacement dishes, and they told me they do not sell just the dish. They did, however, send me a coupon for a free warmer! Might be worth a try for you.

      Maybe if enough people contacted them, they would make replacement dishes available.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  17. Thanks for your input here it is Sept 2014. I got mine at Sams Club for like 18 bucks. Pretty good came with several sample packets.

    ReplyDelete