Monday, August 5, 2013

Melted - Sea Breeze Scents & Things / Joyeux Noel

Joyeux Noel - Vanilla, Cinnamon, and Coconut
 
This is such an interesting scent!  I would never think to combine cinnamon and coconut.  It works though!  It comes off almost minty, which is perfect for a Christmas scent as the name implies.  The coconut is not distinct.  I doubt you'd recognize it if you didn't know it was in there.  The cinnamon is soft, just enough to put some zip in this scent.  Again, I don't know if you'd even recognize it as cinnamon.  Add the vanilla and you have a slightly warm, sweet, almost minty holiday type scent.  Loved it!!!

Unfortunately, the scent was light.  My initial uber excitement about this vendor was threatened with this one.  I melted one of the .7 oz. daisy tarts in my tea light warmer and had only a light-to-medium scent in the room the warmer was in.  If someone walked by and the air was stirred up, I would get a strong whiff of the full glory of this scent but most of the time it was just a light almost-minty note in the background.  I didn't notice much at all in adjacent rooms.  I considered popping the second tart in too to see if it would boost the strength but then decided against it, wanting to see how just the one would perform.

So while I absolutely love this scent, I found one daisy tart to be just too weak.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer, I know how excited you were about this vendo. Hopefully everything else you ordered will have a decent throw. Melt the Turtles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have one turtle, but yeah, he might get melted today because he's a fruity, summery scent and I need to know if this scent (Joyeux Noel) is just light or if all of them are going to lean towards light.

      ~Deb

      Delete