Monday, August 5, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Raspberry Lemon Cupcake

Raspberry Lemon Cupcake - (SF Blend) Sweet and juicy raspberry and lemon glaze on a sugary vanilla cupcake.

You might remember my post the other day about Raspberry Lemon Squares where I said it totally smelled like blueberry muffins to me . . . ?  Well this time I melted Raspberry Lemon Cupcake and had to laugh when I got the blueberry muffin thing again.  Who knew that mixing raspberry and lemon would get you blueberry???  This one was slightly sweeter because of the cupcake note.  I think the fruity part might have been a smidge less blueberry-ish than the previous one but still, it very strongly reminded me of blueberry muffins.  

I asked hubby what he thought of the scent and while he didn't like it, he said he did not get blueberry muffins from it at all.  There you have it.  I must just be scent challenged.  LOL

I melted this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had immediate deep, strong scent throughout the room.  It did carry over into adjacent rooms but on a much lighter level.  There was plenty of scent left after one tea light burn (four hours) but since I wasn't wild about the scent to begin with, I didn't bother melting it again to see how long it would last.

While this isn't a *bad* scent, I know now that I won't be ordering any Raspberry Lemon combinations anymore.  I am curious to know what other people think if anyone has this scent.  Do YOU smell blueberry muffins???

4 comments:

  1. I don't have *this* scent but I DO have some SF! Woot! Deb, thank you for all the reviews that spurred on this order. I am in love with her Vanilla Sandalwood. All the scents were great (love hocus pocus and trick or treat). The only one that was weird is candy corn. Smells like doritos or something on cold sniff, but I will melt it and see if it transforms. Sorry you got blueberries again. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a sandalwood fan. One of the girls I work with always wears whatever B&BW lotion has vanilla and sandalwood. I think it's 'Cashmere' something or other...? Anyway, the sandalwood note always gets me.

      I was making a list of SF fall/holiday scents today, and emailed her to ask if she'd be adding any new ones in the coming weeks. She said there will be four new scents added this weekend. Guess I'll hold my order off until next week. Wheee!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Maybe there was a mix-up with fragrance oils!? This one sounded really nice until blueberries came into the picture! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd considered a possible mix-up but when two different raspberry lemon scents had the blueberry-ish smell I thought she would have noticed in the making that something was off. *shrug*

      Oh well, like I said, it wasn't a bad scent...just surprising.

      ~Deb

      Delete