Thursday, September 26, 2013

Burned - Glade / Fall Hayride

Fall Hayride - Capture the bouncy autumn spirit of a crisp harvest hayride. 
 
I probably would not have ever chosen this scent on my own because I usually just don't go for grass or hay type scents.  My sister bought it for me though, and it's always funny how gifts open your eyes to new things.  Turns out I really liked this scent!  I really wish there was a better scent description, because this is going to be difficult to explain.  While there is a sort of hay or grass note, it's not strong or that 'dry harsh' that I associate with such scents.  There is something bright in this, an almost sweet note that I wondered might be apple but when I close my eyes and try to detect apple, I don't find it.  This is definitely and 'outdoor' scent, but I don't know how to describe it.
This is a 4 oz. candle and as we found with Glade's winter candles last Christmas, they smell great but don't burn evenly.  After burning this a couple times we did have to play with it, push some edges down to help it achieve a more even burn.  There was a lot of tunneling right off the bat.  I was surprised how strong the scent throw was though!  I came home from work Saturday evening and could smell this immediately upon coming in the back door, and that's the opposite end of the house from where hubby had this burning.  I found the whole house was bathed in this lovely fall scent.  For as far as it traveled, it was not overwhelming.  It was like a perfect strength, easily  noticeable but not at all overwhelming.

I do wish Glade could work out the tunneling issue in these candles though.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Have you burned yours yet???

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I haven't! Maybe I should tomorrow ...

      Delete
    3. Get on it. We've gone through this one, the Toasted Marshmallow one, and are almost done with the Salted Caramel one. We'll still have time to get more before winter scents come around. Woot!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    4. Woohoo! I think I might have to use a poopon and get that Salted Caramel one ... They're just at Target, right?

      Delete
    5. Target, yep. And stupid me just left several $1 off 2 coupons on the shelf at Walmart last week because they were expiring soon and I wouldn't be able to use them for winter scents.

      So you got some snailmail?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    6. Try setting the candle out of any breezes. I found my candles doing the same thing and realized they were in the path of a "slight breeze". I LOVE this scent and can't find it anywhere!!!

      Delete
    7. It was a fall line scent so you probably won't see it anymore unless you find some leftovers in a clearance bin or something.

      Yep, I'm aware of the breeze thing. We always rotate our candles slightly ever once in a while just in case there is a breeze.

      Thanks for reading. =)
      ~Deb

      Delete