Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Haul - The Bathing Garden

I have a love/hate relationship with The Bathing Garden.  Well over a year ago I had placed two small orders and wasn't overly impressed with either one.  People swear by this company though!  I've had cubes of a few different scents to try in various swap boxes from people and have found those to be quite nice, so I'd always been telling myself I would eventually place another order and give this vendor another try.  Whenever I would check The Bathing Garden's Etsy shop it was always closed for various reasons, or the few items I would find would never be scents that interested me.  Then there was just always a message about restocking when current orders are caught up on . . . and that day seemed to never come.  One day someone enlightened me that owner Shannon had shifted business over to her Facebook page, that she would post a restock notice with a list of scents available and then people just emailed their order to her.  Apparently she'd been doing this for quite some time and in a much more efficient manner.  I joined the group just a day before her most recent restock and then went ahead and placed an order, more out of excitement than anything else.

Cinderella- A bottom layer of pumpkin spice topped with vanilla butter cream, nutmeg, and hints of cinnamon and peppermint. 
 
Since I've been ordering fall scents I just had to get this one.  Pumpkin and peppermint?  I was intrigued!  The bottom (blue) part of this smells nasty right now, like burned plastic or something.  It's light though, and I'm hoping it changes when melted.  The top smells amazing, definitely peppermint but with a warmth, probably the cinnamon or nutmeg.  I'm very curious how this one will be warm!
 
Autumn Cream Pie- Whipped cream, marshmallow, and pumpkin.
 
Of course I had to get this one when I saw it was pumpkin and marshmallow.  Right now I'm unimpressed..  There is that sort of burned plastic smell again.  Is it just the particular pumpkin spice fragrance she uses?  Is it something to do with the plastic clamshell?   I don't believe in cure time but I'm going to have to take a chance and hope these change after sitting a while.

Sugar Candy Wreath- Sugar and cotton candy layered over eucalyptus and evergreen, studded with plums, cherries, oranges, and strawberries.
 
This one sounded a little Christmas-y so I decided to go ahead and get it.  The bottom (green) part is a very nice evergreen scent, reminding me immediately of Christmas trees.  The pink top seems to contain all the sweet fruity scents and just a hint of eucaplyptus.  It's very candy-like.  Can't wait to melt this immediately after Thanksgiving.
 
Frosted Serendipity- Serendipity with hints of peppermint and spearmint.
 
I like Serendipity and I like mint scents, so this one sounded curious.  Serendipity is a very sweet scent, a blend of cherry and coconut and other goodies.  It can sometimes be too sweet though, so I really wonder effect adding mint into the mix will have.  On cold sniff it smells pretty freakin' good!  It's about an equal mix of the Serendipity and the mint.  Sniff it once and I think I get the mint most, but sniff it again and I think I get the Serendipity.  It reminds me of sweet, juicy chewing gum.
 
Boardwalk in a Bottle - Carmel and candy glazed popcorn, warm taffy apples, vanilla, sugar, and just stretched saltwater taffy.
 
This was a full sized clamshell freebie in my order.  (Thank you, Shannon!!!)  I'd thought she stopped sending out full sized freebies some time ago but maybe with the smaller, more controlled business through the Facebook group she has gone back to it?  
 
Anyway, I had no idea what was in this when I opened it and my first comment to hubby was "I smell apples in here."  Glad to see I was right!  Looking at the scent description and sniffing it again, I mainly get caramel apple scent, and that's quite alright.  It's a full, rich caramel apple scent.  I don't really get a popcorn note right now but thought I could smell something that must have been that when I first sniffed it last night.  This will be good for right now, being early fall and apple season.  Yay!
 
Shipping was reasonably fast.  I ordered on Monday, August 26 and received my package on Monday, September 9, with a holiday in between there.  Tarts cost $3.50 each.

Besides these clamshell tarts, The Bathing Garden is also well known for sugar scrubs.  I did not get any this time because it was just after I placed this order that I fell back in love with scrubs.  Shannon will be doing another restock listing this Friday (Sept. 13) so I will browse her list of scrubs and maybe order one to try.  Not sure if I'll get more tarts though.

Join The Bathing Garden's Facebook group . . . HERE . . . to get the restock listings and be able to order.  If you're already a Bathing Garden veteran, what are some of your favorite scents?  And what do you think of the scrubs?  I'd love to hear your thought!

10 comments:

  1. Definitely let them cure for a couple of weeks. I haven't melted too many from my last order yet because I'm waiting for cooler weather, but I really like Sleepy. The only miss for me so far was Chic Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleepy is the one that I keep seeing mentioned, and I think I might have to try it.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. AWESOME ORDER! Will you be partaking in Friday's restock, more or less?

    IMO, Shannon makes THE BEST pink peppermint scent, called Sleepy. It's incredible. And, of course, my love Lemon Curd & Rose Milk. Her celtic moonspice is also amazing, as is her Jack Frost, if you're in a minty mood. I have yet to melt her frosted serendipity, but I am going to soon. I also like her Christmas Splendor, vveeeeerrrryyyy Christmasy!

    Also, I've noticed very few of my clamshells have that skunky/burned plastic smell, so it might her her fragrance oil? Some of her marshmallow scents, when mixed with other ingredients, can be a bit burned marshmallow smelling.

    Not sure if I just noticed it or if it's been here a while, but I am loving the leaves on your background. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to work Friday so I won't be able to see the restock list until after 7pm but I will definitely be having a look to see what's there. Sleepy has me all curious, and I want to see what scrubs she offers this time.

      Hehe, I just switched to the leaves background today.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Man you take great photos! And I'm loving the new fall feel of your blog. These leaves in the background are so vivid and 3D I want to pick them right off my screen.

    I hope you enjoy melting this order. I am definitely guilty of going GaGa for TBG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is another fall background I used to use that I really like but then I remembered this one and decided to go with it. Maybe I'll switch to the other for a bit before Halloween theme time comes around. :)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. The rolls of hay remind me of early mornings in FL this time of year, hay and fog. I ordered cinderella and autumn cream pie too and am a lil bummed. I get it tomorrow so hopefully the gross plastic smell will dissipate. I ditto Sleepy and christmas splendor. Love her ever night but it has lavender and I think you mentioned not caring for that. Toffee candy apple is wonderful. Serendipity cream pie. You and Sunnee got me pumped for my sugar candy wreath. Give curing a try for TBG! So excited you gave her a whirl again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hay/fog pic is one I took several years ago just down the road from where I live.

      I'll have to try and get Christmas Splendor since everyone seems to be crazy about it. Ever Night has caught my eye too because it seems to be a fan favorite. You're right, in general I am not a lavender fan, but if it's in an interesting blend I still might like it ... and this blend sounds very interesting. But then again, I also don't really get into perfumey scents for home fragrance so if it's a floral/perfume type blend, I'll probably pass. (Is it?)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. It is what I would call a fruity/floral. It is a dupe of Lush's Twilight scent that only comes out at Christmas. It is a very sweet lavender that I just adore. Definitely a one of a kind lavender. Not detergent, not herbal.

      Delete
    3. Interesting. I might still have to try it. Heck, I guess there are plenty of people I can send it off to if I don't like it, huh?

      ~Deb

      Delete