Saturday, September 14, 2013

Haul - Sweet Fixations / Fall Scents

Not long ago I seemed to be having crap luck with tarts.  It was like every one that I melted was just too lightly scented.  I almost gave up on Sweet Fixations at that point, but then I noticed it wasn't just that vendor that was seemingly weak to me.  Someone suggested I try the scent shots instead of the scallop tarts, that they might be stronger.  I usually don't prefer tarts in cups because they're usually closer to 2 oz and I feel the need to cut them and just melt 1 oz. at a time, and I hate having to cut tarts.  But I went ahead and not only placed another order with my beloved Sweet Fixations, but I ordered the scent shots.

This is only a fall scent order.  I wanted to be sure these are strong before I go ahead and get my winter/holiday scents too.  I also had most of these last year so I probably won't be doing my individual Melted reviews on those.

Shipping was reasonably fast.  I ordered on Aug. 28 and received it on Sept. 14.  Sometimes shipping is quicker but I think at the time I ordered it was stated 10-15 days TAT (turn around time).  Everything is nicely packaged, well presented and clean.  And I received one free scent shot.

I did not get every fall scent that Sweet Fixations offers, although I did consider it.  Instead, I got favorites from last year and a couple scents that are brand new.  So let's take a look!

Sweet Potato Pie - 'The delicious aroma of candied yams, melted marshmallows, sugar and spice on a buttery crunchy crust.'  This was an absolute "LOVE!" from last year that I knew I had to have again.

Pumpkin Patch - 'Sweet and creamy pumpkin pie with butter, pecans, and a hint of spice.'  This is one of her new ones this year.  This could be a new favorite.  It's more plain pumpkin than the usual pumpkin spice.

Cranberry Orange Spice - 'Tart cranberries, orange zests, and spiced apples.'   Loved this last year and had decided it would be my 'melt this ALL day on Thanksgiving' scent, so had to get it again.

Cozy Home - 'Housewarming spices with slices of juicy apples. Perfect for fall!'  I did not have this one last year but as soon as I smelled it today I decided this might replace the Cranberry Orange Spice as my 'all day on Thanksgiving' scent.  It says apples in the description but it reminds me of cranberries.

Bobbing For Apples - 'Crunchy toffee chips and apples dripping with buttery caramel.'  Did not have this one last year.  It's a nice caramel apple type, stronger on the apple.

Pumpkin Souffle - 'Butter, sugar, spices, vanilla cream and pumpkin.'  The strength of this one last year impressed me so much I had to get it again.  Very pumpkin-y, warm and rich, not too spicy.

Hocus Pocus - 'A magical spicy blend of freshly ground cinnamon, and herbal notes of bergamot, jasmine, black tea, and patchouli.'  I've had a scent by this name in the past from another vendor but don't remember if it's this same as this.  I'm not a big patchouli fan.  Not fond of bergamot either actually.  So why did I get this?  Cuz I was taking a chance.  LOL!  It's light on cold sniff, but what I can smell is nice, leaning towards the tea scent.

Apple Harvest - 'Apple mixed with fruity notes and touches of spice.'  Enjoyed this one last year.  Soft spice warms this up, gives it a bit of a cider note.

Pumpkin Marshmallow - '(SF Blend) Pumpkin and spices combine with toasted marshmallow.'  I didn't try this one last year so thought I'd give it a go this year.  Sweet, creamy pumpkin.  A bit heavier on the marshmallow.

Candy Corn - 'Smells just like the candy tastes with notes of sweet buttery vanilla and hints of orange.'  Didn't have this one last year either.  Candy Corn scents can often be too light but this one seems quite strong on cold sniff.  I'm surprised and pleased!  I don't detect orange specifically but there is a bright sweetness to the creamy vanilla-butter.

Trick or Treat - 'Great Halloween scent of pumpkin, apples, berries, orange and cinnamon. With notes of sugar cane and vanilla.'  I did not have this one last year either.  It's a very interesting one, warm but sweet, with soft spices.  It's more of a spiced fruit than a pumpkin scent.

Italian Biscotti - 'Yummy almond cookies with vanilla and dark chocolate.'  This is another of her brand new scents, and this was my freebie.  And it's freakin' yummy!  Warm, creamy cookie scent with a light almond note and just a hint of chocolate.

On cold sniff, I am extremely pleased with this order.  Most of these will wait till October and November since they are pumpkin heavy scents, but there are a couple I will melt soon, like the apple ones.  I'm already anxious to order my winter/holiday scents!  Gotta wait and be sure these are strong enough first though.

So!  See anything you like in this list?  What are YOU melting this fall?

8 comments:

  1. I want every single one of them!
    I'm loving apple right now, I just can't get enough of it.

    Out of curiosity, how long will this order last you? If you started melting all of it this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't melt anything on days that I work, and my schedule is (12hr shifts) 2 on/2 off and every other weekend is 3 on or 3 off. Don't know if that makes any sense but the point of it is I only melt 3 or 4 days a week.

      I also only use one warmer, which is here on my computer desk. So if I know I'll be busy outside or gone most of the day or something, I won't bother melting.

      I don't remelt my tarts unless they are really strong, or I absolutely love them to where I want every last bit of scent.

      I'm also not sure if I want to cut these or just melt the whole thing at once.

      SO...if I don't cut them, these 12 tarts could last me around a week, or possibly two weeks.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Lovely scent descriptions. Pumpkin patch sounds soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Are you a Sweet Fixations user?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I got some of these in her fright night and warm and cozy samplers. I really have enjoyed them. You have my curiosity piqued for the cranberry orange one. Mandarine cranberry was always one of my fav yankee scents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby asked why I didn't get more of that one if I loved it so much last year and had planned on melting it all day this year on Thanksgiving. I don't know why I didn't get more. Probably because I have several other cranberry scents to melt too.

    It is soooo good! Can't wait to melt it! Do you have it from either of the samplers you got?

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cranberries in the samplers, but I don't mind placing a tiny order next month. I am trying to hold out for some cftkr fall and christmas samplers in a few weeks.

      Delete
    2. Oooh! I haven't ordered from CFTKR in forever, mainly because I don't want to commit to bags of something. But fall and Christmas samplers have me curious now. Do you know when they'll be available or what is in them?

      ~Deb

      Delete