Sunday, September 29, 2013

Melted - Back Home Scents / Chai Tea

Chai Tea - 'Traditional chai tea is made with black tea leaves steeped with spices like whole peppercorn, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, and cloves.'

I have to keep in mind that it's chai latte type scents that I'm looking for when it comes to chai.  I like the creamier, warmer version of the scent.  This particular version from Back Home Scents is very nice, but is just the straight spiced tea version.  Strong on the tea notes, it's actually quite refreshing and bright.  There is a lot of spice in this but even so, it's still not harsh or 'sharp' as spicy scents can sometimes be.  This is a pretty scent.

This is my first ever tart from Back Home Scents so I wasn't sure how strong it would be.  I considered cutting it in half since some of us waxy people are experimenting with using smaller amounts of wax, but in the end I melted this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer.  I was so happy that this was nice and STRONG!  I love my scents strong!  I could smell it very easily all over the house, and it still had plenty of scent left for a second melt.  (One tea light candle lasts four hours.)

If all my other Back Home Scents tarts perform this well, I will be heading back to start ordering some Christmas scents.

2 comments:

  1. Love that this was strong!! This sounds like something that's right up my alley, I love strong tea and strong spicy scents. Lovely! Glad the first one was a winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go order! You said you were already looking at the shop. Orrrrrrrrrrrrr-derrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

      You know you want to.

      ~Deb

      Delete