Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Melted - The Bathing Garden / Boardwalk In A Bottle

Boardwalk in a Bottle - Carmel and candy glazed popcorn, warm taffy apples, vanilla, sugar, and just stretched saltwater taffy.
 
People told me to let my new Bathing Gardens sit and cure for a couple weeks at least.  I don't believe in cure time, and I"m almost out of apple scents at the moment so I went ahead and melted this one today.  On cold sniff I mainly detected the apple notes.  Well, the popcorn definitely came through once this was warmed.  I think it became mainly a popcorn scent, with the occasional apple notes drifting through.  I didn't get too much of a ooey gooey caramel or taffy note but there was something sort of sweetening the popcorn.  The apples were bright and juicy in the background.
I melted two clamshell cubes in my tea light warmer and had a medium-strong scent that carried throughout the downstairs of the house.  

This was an interesting scent, not really one I'd consider 'fall,' but one I would probably order again if I was bored with all my other favorites.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got a nice throw from this. Have you ever smelled the B&BW candle Summer Boardwalk? I can't remember if you said you had or not, but does this remind you of that scent, if you've smelled it? I wondered if this was her representation of that scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't smelled that one so I'm no help here. Did you like it? (The B&BW one.)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. This scent sounds right up my alley! I wonder why I didn't order it.
    I loved Summer Boardwalk from BBW. It was heavy on the sweet note --toffee or caramel, I can't remember.

    I like how you ease into fall with apple scents. Pretty soon you should be immersed in all kinds of pumpkins and cinnamons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have way more pumpkin, cranberry, heavy fall scents waiting. I should be getting an order today or tomorrow that will bring me even more. And I'm still stubbornly waiting to see what Better Homes & Gardens/Walmart has to offer if my store ever gets switched over to fall stuff.

      ~Deb

      Delete