Monday, September 2, 2013

Melted - Front Porch / Caramel Apple Funnel Cake

Caramel Apple Funnel Cake-(In House Blend) Mix of Caramel Apple and Funnel Cake.
 
This was another tart I'd gotten in a swap with someone nearly a year ago.  It's been sitting in my box of leftovers from last fall/winter, waiting for this fall to roll around.  And now that it's September, that's close enough to fall for me.  Let the apple scents begin!
I don't get any funnel cake in this but that's okay because the caramel apple is delicious enough on its own.  It's about an equal mix on the apple note and the sweet, gooey caramel note.  The apple is sweet and juicy.  The caramel is sweet and creamy, not the heavier salty version that can be in some caramel scents.  This is wonderful for fall.

I melted this 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had a nice strong scent in the room the warmer is in.  A lighter scent traveled into adjacent rooms.

I would order this again, but since I don't detect any sort of funnel cake note in here I wouldn't hesitate to order a plain ol' caramel apple scent if Front Porch has it available.

6 comments:

  1. Why are you using your tea light again? I'm curious about your experiments now since I am trying to figure out the whole tart warmer thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I found in my experiments was that the Glade warmer and *my* tea light warmer produced pretty much identical results. It was pointed out though, that not all tea lights are the same, while the 20w of electricity will always be the same on the Glade warmer. Since the problem for me has always been space vs. outlet, the cordless ease of the tea light is still my preference.

      The perk of the Glade warmer was that it can melt one tart all day without having to worry about putting a new candle in like the tea light. (Well, if the particular tart lasts that long.)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the explanation. My first love will always be the tea light warmer but I have to admit the simple on/off of the electric warmer is drawing me in. I have to be careful with tea lights because of the cats and I'm thinking my new Glade 20 watt might be placed in the bedroom.

    I have mixed feelings about he 24 watt hot plate I recently purchased. I'm finding the throw is usually borderline too strong for the first hour, normal/medium for the next 2 to 3 hours and then not much. Granted I've only used tarts from 3 vendors so far but the results have been pretty consistent. Honestly, my tea light burner gave me more consistent results with a decent throw and longer burn time.

    I am really interested to compare this with the 20 watt Glade and 25 watt light bulb burner I have on order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious about the light bulb warmers too. Everyone says they're so much weaker, but seeing how the tea light came out nearly equal to the 20w in temp....I wonder now.

      Ya know what I'd really like? To be able to buy just the dish for the Glade warmer, to have an extra on hand so I can just switch scents.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Totally agree about the extra dish. Somewhere in my internet travels I've seen some but I always worry if they're the right type.

      Almost everyone says a 24w hot plate is the way to go and I assumed that would be me because I like my throw fairly strong. With the exception of 2 scents everything I've melted has been very overpowering. So the light bulb warmer may be the right thing for me if I'm going electric.

      It just occurred to me that part of the reason may be due to the scents I like. I cannot do bakery, chocolate or anything overly sweet. I like fruity, herbal, minty and floral. Maybe hot fudge caramel ice cream cake with sprinkles smells great melting really hot and pink lemonade does not.

      Delete
    3. I'm the opposite. I *LOVE* bakery scents (not chocolate though) and tend to stay far away from florals. I like mint but the menfolk of my house do not. Fruity scents are ok in the summer but I still prefer something more bakery.

      ~Deb

      Delete