Sunday, September 15, 2013

Melted - Sea Breeze Scents & Things / Apple Cinnamon

Apple Cinnamon - 'A Sea Breeze custom blend of apple & cinnamon sticks.'

Although fall doesn't technically start until September 22, I allow myself to slip into fall mode on September 1, and that means I start melting apple scents.  Wheee!  Of course Apple Cinnamon is a perfect early fall scent, so of course I had to get this when I'd placed my second order from Sea Breeze Scents & Things.  This is a very nice version, not too heavy on the spice.  The apple note is sweet and juicy.  The cinnamon is more candy-like, a bit more sweet than a sharp, heavy bakery type.
I melted this entire .8 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had a medium scent and throw.  I could smell it pretty easily in the room my warmer is in, and could detect light traces of it in adjacent rooms.  Since these daisy shaped tarts come in 2-packs from this vendor, I later melted the second one in my 20 watt Glade hot plate warmer just to see if there was any difference in performance.  Nope, it was still the same medium scent and throw.  I would have liked this to be stronger, but it was still nice enough.

2 comments:

  1. Your Glade comparisons have me scared to use my warmer! Some people have had incredible luck with it but I have heard others say performance is the same, and can leave brown spots on the dish. Weird!

    As for the scent, love apple cinnamon! I really need to order a bit from this vendor to try her wax out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brown spots on the dish? Like burn spots?

      Since you're already an electric warmer user the Glade one should be just fine. For me it was a complete change, tea light vs. electric.

      And yes, you do need to order! She's always having sales of some sort. Get on it, missy!

      ~Deb

      Delete