Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Melted - Sea Breeze Scents & Things / Pumpkin Cheesecake

Pumpkin Cheesecake - Creamy pumpkin, vanilla, and a hint of spice with just a tiny bit of graham cracker.
 
I'd been trying to hold off on pumpkin scents until at least October, hopefully closer to Halloween, but once again I find myself with a ton of pumpkin scents this year and decided to dive into them early.  This is really nice one!  Strong on pumpkin but not the usual strong spicy note.  There is just a soft spice in this one, warming things up but not making it 'sharp.'  The vanilla is also on the soft side, more just adding some creamy sweetness.  Without knowing there is supposed to be graham cracker in here, I didn't notice any while it was melting.  If I'd remembered it was in there maybe my brain would have picked up on it.  So if it's there, it's light.
I melted this .7 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and got a medium scent but strong throw.  This was one of those crazy ones that you seem to smell a lot more the farther away from the warmer you are.  I would have liked it to be a lot stronger in general but I'm finding most tarts from Sea Breeze Scents & Things to be on the lighter side.

Still, this was a great scent!

4 comments:

  1. mmm, pumpkin cheesecake.

    I'm pretty ambitious with my 'projected' tolerance for spice in pumpkin, who knows if I'll be less enthusiastic once I start melting the pumpkins I have. I've ordered a variety of pumpkins to try, not shying away from the ones heavy on the spice even though I know I'll prefer the creamier ones.

    Like this one!

    I just bought a destash (my first!) so I could try Sea Breeze Scents. She seems to be currently sold out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some family things have come up and cut into their finances so she's closed for a while to see if things get sorted out.

      Which Sea Breeze scents did you get in the destash?

      I don't mind spice but sometimes things get even too harsh for me.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Copied and pasted:

      Icecream scoops:
      Orange Slices
      Birds of Paradise
      Cotton Candy
      Mini Loaves:
      Pink Sugar
      Black Cherry
      Mango & Starfruit
      Cupcakes:
      Cantaloupe
      Mango & Starfruit
      Small 2 packs of star tarts:
      Banana Nut Bread
      Strawberry
      Luscious Vanilla
      Peach
      Butterfly Hugs
      Lemongrass
      Mango & Starfruit
      Pomegranate
      Grapefruit
      Black Cherry
      Birds of Paradise

      any of these familiar to you?

      Delete
    3. Hmm, nope, I haven't had any of those yet. Have you melted any yet? Do you find them to be strong enough?

      ~Deb

      Delete