Thursday, September 19, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Apple Harvest

Apple Harvest - 'Apple mixed with fruity notes and touches of spice.'  

I wasn't going to review this one because I had it last year and already have a post up about it ( HERE ) but for the sake of keeping the blog active, I decided to do it again.

This is an awesome scent for early fall.  It's not too heavy, not too spicy.  It is a 'pretty' apple scent.  Apple is definitely the dominate note but whatever those 'fruity notes' are must be lending that 'pretty' factor.  It's almost the slightest bit perfume-y at times.  The spice is soft, just enough to warm things up a bit.  And there is a hint of a cider note.

In a recent discussion on another blog, it was mentioned that melting LESS might actually give a stronger scent.  I hate cutting wax and scent shots are not my preferred form of tart so I usually just throw the whole dang thing in the warmer, but this time I decided to go ahead and cut it in half.  So, I ended up melting about .7 oz. of this tart in my tea light warmer and had a nice strong scent.  It was not overpowering, but it was pleasantly strong in the room my warmer is in, and still very noticeable throughout the downstairs of the house.

A fabulous fall scent that you really must try!

2 comments:

  1. I'm just starting to dabble in cutting scents in half as well. So far it's proving to be beneficial--there goes my belief that more is more, and better.

    I know exactly what 'pretty' note your talking about in this scent. It IS a fruity something or other that borders on perfume-y. I've smelt it in a couple of my meltings. I don't mind it at all.

    ReplyDelete