Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus- A magical spicy blend of freshly ground cinnamon, and herbal notes of bergamot, jasmine, black tea, and patchouli.
 
It seems like I get this scent from some vendor every year, and every year I end up not liking it, and every year I tell myself that my tastes are different now and I'll like it so I get it again, and every year I still end up not liking it.  Isn't that the definition of insanity?  To do something over and over and expect different results?  Wow . . . 

So yeah, here we are again with this scent and I just don't like it.  I know I'm not a fan of bergamot or patchouli, and I'm not a fan of floral so why would I think the jasmine is ok?  Ohhh but there is cinnamon and black tea so that has to make everything okay.  Ha.  I'm sure there are people out there who love this type of scent, but I am just not one of them.  I don't even know how to describe it.  It's sort of a very incense-y type scent.  There is some sweetness.  At times I think it's slightly cologne-y.  It is a very drastic change from the warm and cozy bakery scents I love so much.  It's just not for me.

I cut this tart and melted half of it (.7 oz.) in my tea light warmer.  It is strong!  Keeping in mind that I don't like this scent, it was head-achingly strong in the room my warmer is in, and plenty strong in adjacent rooms.  I couldn't even let it continue past the first half hour or so.  Again, nothing wrong with the scent . . . it's just not for me.

I will pass the other half of this along to someone who will love it, and I will try to remember not to put myself through this again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment