Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Haul - The Bathing Garden / Tarts & Scrubs

 I wasn't really sure if I'd order anything from The Bathing Garden's latest restock because I have plenty of fall scented tarts.  People rave about the sugar scrubs though, so I thought I'd go ahead and *finally* give one a try.  It was so fun to open this package and see everything wrapped in fall colors, with a cute black cat 'Thank You' note included.  I just love those small touches!

Even unwrapped, one item (my freebie) was wrapped in a Halloween-festive black bag with a silver 'BOO' stamped on the other side.  (You'll see that in the pic later.)

There actually weren't too many scents in this restock that really grabbed my attention, but this one certainly did.  This is a sugar scrub in Bubbling Butter Brew scent.  Described as 'Sweet clotted cream, salted caramel, rich butterscotch, and a touch of bubbling cream soda,' this is SO yummy smelling!  I'm a Harry Potter fan, so of course I would want to try this.  It's such an awesome creamy butterscotch scent.  Mmm!!  And I'm very much looking forward to trying the scrub.

This 4 oz. scrub sells for $5.25.

 I received this free 2 oz. sample scrub in Guava Berry Gelato.  Described as 'Guava, Raspberry, and strawberry iced up into creamy gelato,' I've seen others mention how wonderful this scent is.  Oh, I just noticed this one has shea butter, while the other scrub has aloe butter.  Interesting.  I'll have to pay attention and see if there is any noticeable difference.  The scent is rather light in the jar, a berries and cream type, and rather nice.

Decided to get the tart version of Bubbling Butter Brew too.  Smells soooo good!  I think a bit more of the caramel note comes through in this version.

Clamshell tarts sell for $3.50.

Since I'm pretty much set with fall scents, I've started picking up some winter scents.  This one is called Lady of Winter and is described as 'Candy cane over sugar plum fairy.'  (And Sugar Plum Fairy is 'Walking through a candy forest in winter.')  It's minty and candy-sweet but there is a sort of crispness to it that I can't quite figure out.  I like this!

How cute is that?!  This was a freebie, a 3.6 oz. block of decorated wax in Blueberry Pumpkin Patch scent. This was not one of the scents in the restock and I don't see it in the scent descriptions list, so I wonder if it's new?  I know Bath & Body Works has a blueberry-pumpkin scent but I've never smelled it and have no idea if this is meant to be similar.  This is NICE!  I get a definite blueberry muffin type scent in here, and the pumpkin just lends more yumminess to it.  This is a bakery scent.  Grab this one if you see it! 

And thank you, Shannon, for the free extras!

I placed my order on Oct. 9, fairly early into her restock opening, and received my package on Oct. 23.  Shipping was $6.50 and everything came nicely wrapped inside a padded flat rate envelope.  I have no complaints about this transaction.  =)

What did YOU get from the Oct. 9 restock?  Have you tried Blueberry Pumpkin Patch yet?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't ordered from TBG in a LONG time - but your post has inspired me to do so next restock! I've been hearing a lot of good things about the scrubs, and I'm a scrub junkie, so I'm definitely going to have to try a couple :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad this ol' blog of mine does some good. =)

      I've used the smaller scrub twice now and it's quite nice. I'll get a review post up soon.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Very cute! Everything looks yummy. I have a mini of the BBW Blueberry Pumpkin candle and it's very blueberry muffin-ish on cold sniff but I haven't burned it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blueberry and pumpkin seems like such an off combination but it works. Well, the blueberry muffin note is a lot stronger so I guess if you didn't know there was pumpkin in there you'd never even wonder.

      Burn that sucker! I miss the BBW minis. I haven't been to that store in ages, and haven't bought a mini candle in even longer.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. What a great order! I am so stoked you like Lady of Winter, it looks so cool with the cameo type embed. Kicking myself for not getting butterbeer tart. BUT i do have a large scrub in it and you're right, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cameo embed is so cute. I'm glad I went ahead and tried that scent. Haven't melted it yet though.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. LOVE!!! TBG!!!! YAY!!!! Blueberry Pumpkin Patch is very popular from B&BW, which is funny because I seem to remember it not doing too well last year?

    Love the scrubs, hope you like them! Guava Berry Gelato is very nice in wax so it'll be good in scrub, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used the little scrub twice now. It is nice. I've had others I liked more but this is nice, and more affordable if I'm remembering correctly.

      ~Deb

      Delete