Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Candy Corn

Candy Corn- Smells just like the candy tastes with notes of sweet buttery vanilla and hints of orange.
You just have to have Candy Corn scent in the fall, don't you?  This one from Sweet Fixations is quite nice.  It's a very deep, rich vanilla with just hints of something else.  Although it mentions orange in the description, don't be thinking this is some weird sort of citrus thing.  It's not at all.  The orange is not even detectable.  It probably just adds that bit of 'something' to the otherwise warm, buttery scent.
I melted half of this tart (.7 oz worth) in my tea light warmer and had a medium strength scent.  I'm not too upset about that because I always expect Candy Corn scents to be lighter anyway.  That's just something I've noticed over the years.  Still, this is pretty strong as far as Candy Corn scents go.  I could smell it at a pleasant level throughout the downstairs of my house.

This was nice.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty wax and love that candy corn! It seems like most candy corn scents are buttercreamy, IMO, orange is strange for a candy corn scent. Good to know it's strong for a candy corn scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't notice the orange at all in this. Some versions have maple, some have other things.

      This is a nice one though.

      ~Deb

      Delete