Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Cozy Home

Cozy Home- Housewarming spices with slices of juicy apples. Perfect for fall!

I'm not a cider fan, so I was a bit leery about this one, but it's really quite fabulous.  If I didn't know it was apple in here I'd probably say it was something like plum or even cranberry.  There is a slight cider note, but the bulk of the scent is just so, I don't know . . . full?  Deep?  Words are escaping me.  It is fruity, but it's 'dark,' not like a bright juicy summer fruit scent.  And while it is spicy, it's more of a warm zing type of spice and not a sharp, harsh type.  Every once in a while there is slight, almost bakery note floating by.  This is surprisingly awesome.

I cut this tart and melted half (.7 oz.) in my tea light warmer.  I was so pleased to find this is nice and strong!  Beautiful, strong scent in the room where the warmer is, and slightly lighter throughout the rest of the downstairs.  This even traveled upstairs.  Love it!

This is going on my list of Must Haves for next fall for sure!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds nice! I'm so hit-or-miss with apple scents. Glad to hear it was a good, strong one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really find this apple-y. It's so nice I might get another one if I order Christmas scents from Sweet Fixations.

      You should try it!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yay! I was surprised how much I liked this one. Need to grab another if I order Christmas scents from SF.

      Have you discovered any other favorites?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Yes! I also enjoyed warm vanilla oak. It was perfect for the bedroom. A super strong but strange one was fireside.

      Delete
    3. I've had that one. I was so curious that I just had to try it last year. My Melted review of it is here:
      http://somethingalwayz.blogspot.com/2012/09/melted-sweet-fixationswarm-vanilla-oak.html

      Do you order the scallop tarts or the scent shots? I've always preferred the scallops before but I'm finding I have better luck with half a scent shot lately.

      ~Deb

      Delete