Friday, October 11, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Trick or Treat

Trick or Treat- Great Halloween scent of pumpkin, apples, berries, orange and cinnamon. With notes of sugar cane and vanilla.

This is a fun, interesting one.  I mainly got a creamy-ish pumpkin with some nice cinnamon, but there was also just a bit of juiciness, a sort of sweet brightness that must come from the fruits mentioned in the description.  It is not a fruity scent though.  I did notice any specific apple or orange or berry note.  This is warm and cozy for fall, but not quite as 'heavy' as a lot of the fall foodie scents tend to be.

I melted half (.7 oz. worth) of this tart in my tea light warmer and had a strong scent and throw.  I could smell it easily in the room my warmer is in, and on a slightly lighter scale in adjacent rooms.  As mentioned recently, I used to dislike tarts in scent shot form because I just don't like having to cut wax.  But since some of us wax geeks have been dabbling in melting smaller amounts of wax at a time, I've been finding I have really good luck with just half a scent shot.  Might be coincidence, I don't know.

So anyway, yeah, this is a really fun fall scent that I would order again.

2 comments:

  1. Hieee Deb! It's been awhile, eh? I guess I have you to blame for my newest obsession. You guessed it -- tarts! Ack!! I'm in serious trouble. I'm already ready for rehab. hehe. I even made an order from Sweet Fixations since it is your favorite :) It just arrived today so I'm going to let it cure for a couple weeks before trying it. Tia was kind and sent me a bag of star shaped spiced eggnog as my freebie. Not sure if I'll like that scent, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It has indeed been a while. You've come to the tartside, huh?

      I do like Sweet Fixations more than a little, hehe. I also like Front Porch and will probably place an order once my stash dwindles down again. I just placed a Candles From The Keeping Room order yesterday, haven't ordered from there in probably a year.

      Spiced Eggnog freebie, yum. I will probably make a smallish Christmas scent order from her.

      ~Deb

      Delete