Friday, November 1, 2013

Better Homes & Gardens 2013 Christmas Tarts!

While shopping this morning, I was excited to gather information on some other waxy things (different post, coming soon) but was totally surprised to find that Walmart had just gotten their 2013 Better Homes & Gardens Christmas tarts out already!  They were actually still in the process of switching the shelves from Halloween to Christmas stuff.  I was like a grinning dork, gawking at the tarts and warmers while the store workers were trying to get things done around me.  I was forced to move on without being able to write anything down or sniff anything.

But wait!

That first display was in the seasonal aisles, right in front when you first come into the store.  Over towards the regular candle/tart aisle there was *another* large display, so I was able to scribble down a list of names at least.  I only sniffed a couple, and did not buy any, but at least I have a list of names!
  • Winter Woodland Retreat
  • Frosted Almond Biscotti
  • Snowy Winter Woods (returning from last year)
  • Sugared Holiday Fruits
  • Iced Winter Cranberry (returning from last year)
  • Spiced Rum Cake (returning from last year)
  • Spicy Cinnamon Stick
  • Glittering Bayberry Garland (returning from last year)
  • Warm Holiday Welcome (returning from last year)
  • Pinecones & Lime
  • Pinecones & Holly (more piney than the lime one)
  • Simmering Apple Cider
  • Magical Winter Wonderland
  • Toffee Nut Crisp
  • Sugar Sweet Gumdrop (returning from last year)
  • Frosty Peppermint Snow (my absolute favorite every year!)
  • Festive Holiday Cheer
  • Scented Amaryllis Flower
  • Tropical Beach Holiday (returning from last year)
  • Spiced Apple Wreath (returning from last year)
  • Warm Crackling Campfire (returning from last year)
  • Golden Butterscotch Pear
  • Christmas Morning Latte
  • Sparkling Berry Garland (returning from last year)
  • Candied Caramel Apple (returning from last year)
  • Candied Mulberry Spice
  • Under The Mistletoe (returning from last year)
  • Fresh Cut Frasier (slightly different name from last year)
  • Chocolate Peppermint Truffle (my other returning favorite)
I did not see any gingerbread or eggnog, and that makes me sad.  I don't see Frankincense & Myrrh either.

As mentioned, I did not buy any yet.  I wasn't expecting these to be there yet, so I had not taken inventory of what Christmas scents I already have in my stash.  I'm pretty sure I have some leftover Frosty Peppermint Snow and Chocolate Peppermint Truffle.  I just got some winter scents from Candles From The Keeping Room.  I'm pretty sure there are some other oddball leftovers in my Christmas basket too.  I'd like to place a Sweet Fixations order but have not checked what Christmas scents she has yet.  And I think we might burn more candles this year through the Christmas season.  I'm so smitten with the Glade and Febreze ones I've seen . . .

I remember being somewhat disappointed in the BH&G Christmas scents last year.  A lot of them seemed so similar, and sort of generic 'blah.'  Many of them didn't strike me as anything really Christmas-y.  Next time I'm shopping, I'll probably spend a bit more time sniffing and deciding if I'll buy any of these.

How about you?  See anything in the 2013 that catches your eye?  Have you seen/sniffed these in your area yet?  Or have you seen any that aren't on this list?  Let me know!

11 comments:

  1. Is frosty snow like a sweet vanilla peppermint? If it's your fav it is going on my buy list! What did you think of that Avon candle after burning? Hope yoy have a great weekend!,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's a sweet vanilla peppermint. Love it! I just looked in my leftover Christmas stash and see that I need to buy more of that one. I only have a partial pack left.

      I will do a review of the Avon candle soon but in short ... I probably won't order any others.

      I have to work this weekend BUT, my boy Christian Ponder is starting for the Vikings again this Sunday. WOOT!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Many of those look like they sounds perfect! YAY!! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to do some proper sniffing next time I'm there and see which ones I really like. I was too busy scribbling names this time.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I smiled picturing your writing down all these scents with boxes still on the ground from the shipment.
    I'm about to print this post out and take it with me to Walmart…they are 24 hours and I'm not really busy right now….
    The last time I went they had a few out so I picked up a couple. One in particular stood out (I grabbed two), Frosted Sage Leaf. I didn't see that on your list so look out for it. It's a bit of a green scent but has a nice wintergreen (I think) kick to it, maybe pine. I don't know..it just smells good. If you see it and like it on cold sniff, try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frosted Sage Leaf was out in the fall scent release around here. I'll have to see if I can find any fall leftovers and give this one a sniff. (I don't remember seeing the fall scents at all last time I was there. Maybe they're moved into the regular section now. Hmmm. Or the Halloween clearance aisle?! OOH!)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I bought Winter Woodland Retreat yesterday and went back for 3 more clamshells of it today! OMG! it's like crack for your nose!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at Walmart this morning and wanted to stop and sniff that one but couldn't remember which one you'd mentioned. Gah! Next time, next time!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. I live in Salem, Oregon and I went to one of our Walmarts and I bought 58 UNDER THE MISTLETOE scents from Better Homes and Gardens. Its my favorite one and it has a really cool peppermint smell and it lasts a week before having to change it. One cube and you will be more then amazed. I love this one and I am going to buy more if I find them so I have them all year .... Merry Christmas everybody ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anybody is looking for any particular one and can't find it send me an email and I can look for them for you. My email address is: sleeplessnsalem@gmail.com ...

      Delete
    2. 58?! That is awesome!! Was that in one trip??

      I should stock up on the Frosty Peppermint Snow. Ah heck, I should just go buy one of each and give them all a fair try. =)

      Do you have a lot of Scentsationals brand at your store? There are some in that line I'd like to try.

      ~Deb

      Delete