Saturday, November 2, 2013

Burned - Avon Candle / Peppermint Twist

 Peppermint Twist - 'Peppermint sweetened with fluffy marshmallow and vanilla.' 

I was going to save this candle for the Christmas season but since I was so excited about these new Avon candles I wanted to know how well this would perform so I would know if I wanted to place another order.  Others asked me to do a test burn NOW because they were also wondering if they should place orders, so I went ahead and burned this.

I trimmed the wicks before lighting it, and then let it burn several hours the other night while hubby and I watched a movie and some TV.  It burned nicely for the most part, only a fairly small strip along the edge that didn't quite melt.  A bit of minor tending next time we burn it should take care of that.

The scent was on the light side on cold sniff, and didn't really grow much when warm.  We could smell it very lightly in the living room, where we had the candle burning, and very faint traces could be detected occasionally in the next room.  It's a really nice, sweet, soft mint scent . . . but it was just too light for me.  In a small room like a bathroom, or maybe if you like light scents in the bedroom, this would be pretty nice.

In the end, I was not impressed enough with this to make me want to order any of the others in this Avon line.  Maybe the other scents would be stronger, I don't know, but there are other candles out there that I know are strong and that I know I want more.

If anyone decides to go ahead and order, I'm super curious to hear what you get and how it works!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, dang it. I'll pass. BUT, thank you so much for burning and testing this. I know it was a little early in the season to be melting peppermints. I appreciate that you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun little adventure, and I'm glad I went ahead and tried one. This peppermint one has been set aside now, and we'll finish it up later, through the winter.

      Now why the heck doesn't Glade (or Febreze) have a minty scent for Christmas??? Hmmm.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. What a bummer! I guess I will pass as well. Sad the throw was light, too. Thanks for trying it early for us, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a bummer, but I'm glad I went ahead and ordered and tried it, because now we all know. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete