Sunday, November 10, 2013

Haul - Febreze / Candles

I already had a post about the Febreze winter scents ( HERE ) a week or so ago, but now I've actually bought some of the candles for myself and wanted to do more in-depth scent descriptions.  The Febreze website is nowhere near as informative as the Glade site as far as scent notes, but I'll do my best.

Winter Frost - 'Choruses of fresh and woody fragrances harmonize, inspiring hearts to skip a beat from love and good cheer.'
 
I really reeeeally wish I had more of a description to work with on this one because I just can't pinpoint what it is I'm smelling.  You usually think of a snowy or frosty or cold winter scent as having mint in it, or some pine, and an 'outdoorsy' note.  On cold sniff, this doesn't have any of that.  There might be a bit of mint in there, but it might be something like cinnamon or even anise that I'm getting.  There is a slight hint of wood, maybe . . . ?  It's all rather soft and muted right now on cold sniff.  Hopefully it's easier to pick this scent apart when we burn this.

Glistening Pine - 'Embrace the wintry spirit of crisp mountain air as it collides with the clean scent of pine.'
 
Gotta have a pine scent for Christmas!  As I said in the previous Glade post, sometimes pine scents just come across as household cleaner scents and not as anything making you think of a Christmas tree.  This one is a really nice, rather basic, piney Christmas tree scent.  A must have!
 
Cranberry Cider - 'Delight your senses with the wintry zest of cranberry mingled with warm, fragrant spices.'
 
I think of cranberry as more of a Thanksgiving scent, so we might actually burn this one first, right on or around Thanksgiving day.  It's a nice spiced cranberry scent, not heavy on the spice, and not too strong on the cider note.  Really looking forward to this one.  I know a couple others have been looking for a good cranberry scent too.  You might want to try this!
 
There is also a Fluffy Vanilla scent, described as 'Cuddle up with this fresh take on vanilla. Sweet cream with just a touch of fruit carries you to corners of comfort,' but the mini candle version of it was sold out already at my store.  I will grab it though if they ever restock them.

I have been very impressed with Febreze candles in the past.  The one (or two?) that we've had have burned flawlessly and had awesomely strong scent and throw.  So I was super excited to see these mini versions of the winter candles!  These are 3.5 oz. and sell for $2.97 at Walmart.  These smaller versions make it easier for us to work our way through several scents in a season and not have the clutter to stash back into our candle cabinet until next year.

These candles are found in the 'cleaning aisle' of the store, or in the case of the winter scents there is a huge center aisle kiosk near the front of the store.  These are not the same as the other Febreze candles and melts that can be found over in the regular candle/wax section.  I have not seen any seasonal scents in the Febreze things over there.

If you're looking for strongly scented, affordable candles to scent your home this holiday season, I do recommend trying the Febreze 'cleaning' aisle' candles!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice!! These look like very good Christmas/winter scents!! I'm excited to see all the Christmas packaging coming out!! :D <3 Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying hard to not skip right over Thanksgiving, I'm so anxious for Christmas this year. I'm not even sure why because the past several years I've felt less and less Christmas-y, more and more Thanksgiving-y.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. Lol ehh it happens. Retail jumps straight to Christmas earlier and earlier every year it seems. I know I haven't felt excited for Christmas in a few years, because every year I've had to work it. But I'm free to be in the Christmas spirit this year!! And I can't wait!! So even if Thanksgiving is bypassed, it's OK!! As long as you are around family, that's all that matters!

      Delete
    3. Acquiring our infamous kitty Minion was one of the biggest reasons I had to scale back Christmas. He just would not allow a tree or decorations to remain peacefully intact through the holiday. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I need to check these out! Just finished off the cranberry tarts I had from TDC and am now sadly lacking in that category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was holding on to my cranberry scents until closer to Thanksgiving but I think it backfired and now I'm going to be sick of the scent before then. Doh! I should have just alternated my pumpkins and cranberries. Next year I'll try to be smart. LOL

      We haven't started burning these yet but I think that Cranberry Cider will be the first one we dive into. Cuz, ya know, I didn't just say I'm sick of cranberry.

      ~Deb

      Delete