Friday, November 29, 2013

Melted - Bertie's Umbrella / Candy Cane Forest

Candy Cane Forest - 'A delightful blend of peppermint candy canes, marshmallows and a hint of vanilla.
Infused with peppermint essential oil.
'
 
The day after Thanksgiving and I have very happily switched to my Christmas/winter scents.  First up is this Candy Cane Forest tart, mainly because I've been anxious to see how these tarts from Bertie's Umbrella perform.  This is such a fun and festive scent, perfect to kick off the season.  The peppermint is crisp and cool but toned down just a bit by the sweetness of the other notes.  The marshmallow in this is not nearly the delicious sweet and gooey kind Front Porch's marshmallow scent is.  No, this one has that very slight weird note.  Not enough to ruin anything, but just not as good as other more yummy marshmallows.  Mint is still the predominant note in here.

I melted this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had a nice medium-strong scent in the area of the warmer.  The throw was not very strong on this.  I did pick up light traces of this in one adjacent room, but overall the main scent was only closest to the warmer.  Since this was a 4-pack, next time I might just melt a couple in different rooms.

For my first experience with this vendor, I was a bit disappointed in the scent strength but I would not consider this a dud.  I'm still looking forward to seeing how the other scents perform.

10 comments:

  1. Anxious to see how this vendor works out for you. I honestly think I'm done with new vendors. That is unless I buy a destash and love their wax. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm getting bummed trying new vendors. I mean, I love trying new ones but it's always such a gamble.

      Who is your favorite vendor so far?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. FP I love Angie's tarts. She's always open her little grubbies throw fab for me. I'm currently burning one of her signature candles and I would highly recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few Front Porch leftovers from last Christmas.... one Mrs. Claus's Cookies, and three Peppermint Marshmallow (or whatever the proper name is). I need to order from there more in the coming year.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll need to try the other scents I got from her before I decide overall It's funny that I like Front Porch so much now because in the earlier days I was almost totally anti-Front Porch.

      I *LOVE* bakery scents. Mmmmmm!!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. I forgot to say, my favoriete vendor is Kringle Candle Company, They smell so real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've tried Kringle Candle, but I think I've looked at their stuff.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. New vendors are always such a gamble. Sorry you didn't have great luck with the throw on this one, I hope your other scents work better for you. I almost don't want to order marshmallow scents from any other vendor because FP's is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still curious how the others will work but so far I've been working my way through others first.

      ~Deb

      Delete