Sunday, November 3, 2013

Melted - Better Homes & Gardens / Country Fall Festival

Country Fall Festival - [no scent description]

Sometimes I *really* wish Better Homes & Gardens had some sort of scent description for their tarts, and this one is one of them that needs it.  The picture on the label shows lots of flowers and plants, squash, gourds, pumpkin.  You'd think this would be something outdoorsy, perhaps a bright pumpkin scent.  But really it's something rich and heavy and very much like a bakery scent.  The different times I was melting this, I kept thinking there was a slight sweet note, thought maybe cranberry trying to peek through, but then a stronger note would always overrule it and I'd be like 'What IS that?  Almost seems like . . . meat?!'  And sure enough, when I went back and checked my cold sniff notes from my haul post, I mentioned meat there too.

Meat?!

I'd also thought there was a sort of bread note lurking in there somewhere.  Then I started to realize it's almost like the gross zucchini bread scent that I pretty much hate.  Bleah!  That's not the only note in this scent, but it's strong enough to kill it for me.  I won't be finishing this pack, but if you like the zucchini bread type scents, you might like this one.

I melted two cubes in my tea light warmer and had a strong scent and throw.  It easily reached all corners of the house.  Unfortunately, I just didn't like this particular scent.

12 comments:

  1. Zucchini bread wrapped meat?! Yeck! No thanks! That also stinks the Avon candle wasn't all that impressive. Hope vikings are rocking it, and Ponder too! Hubs is watching the Steelers and Patriots game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I think the 'meat' note IS the zucchini bread note. Took me a while to realize that. I think the sweet note, whether it's cranberry or whatever the heck it is, was just warping it in my mind.

      It's not an absolutely horrible scent. I did melt it two or three times before I decided I just don't like it enough to finish the pack. And I know there are plenty of zucchini bread fans out there, so people shouldn't automatically run screaming from this one. If you come across it, definitely give it a sniff.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. OH gross. MEAT? This was one of the few scents they had the last time I went to Walmart. I picked it up but don't know if I want to melt it now. MEAT?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you like zucchini bread scents? If so, then you should still give this one a try. The whole 'meat' thing is going to be so funny now. LOL But I still think if people come across this, they should give it a sniff and try it for themselves because your tastes are all different.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Meat? Blech!! In addition to scent descriptions, they need better names, too. It's like they throw a bunch of seasonal words in a hat and pull them out in random combinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some of their names are dorky, and some of their pictures do no justice. But as I've already said in the comments above, if you're a zucchini bread scent fan you should still give this one a chance. 'Meat' will now live forever in the wax community. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. LMFAO AT MEAT, oh my god, that sounds awful! But no no no NO NO for zucchini bread. BLECK. I feel like sniffing everything I own to smell for meat scents!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it's NOT an awful scent. I've probably killed all sales of this poor tart just by mentioning meat. LOL!! It's a scent I didn't prefer because there was *a note* that reminded me of meat/zucchini bread. It wasn't the entire scent though. I did let it melt, repeatedly, before deciding I just didn't like it.

      Everyone should still give it a sniff at least if you come across it in the store!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I trust your judgment about the zucchini note, as I hate it too. Any little hint of it sends me running scared! Gotta track this down though, just to smell for myself.

      Delete
    3. I just watched someone's video tonight where she said it smelled like sweet florals. I was like "WHAT?!" I almost left a comment asking 'Doesn't smell like meat to you?' LOL!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  5. My favorite fall scent by far... And of course they don't make it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so curious now! What did this smell like to you? This will always be 'The Meat Tart' to me, and I just don't know what that odd note was. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete