Saturday, November 30, 2013

Melted - Candles From The Keeping Room / Homespun Goodness

Homespun Goodness - 'Warm country homes rich and fragrant with orange satsuma, mandarin, anise, sweet almond, spicy cinnamon, hints of ginger root, with bottom notes of rich vanilla, ground nutmeg and tonka bean..evokes happy homespun memories.'
 
I got this in a fall sampler and set it aside because it struck me as more of Christmas scent than a fall scent.  In my cold sniff thoughts back in my haul post I said this was an orange scent but as I melted it, it was so much more.  I actually thought it was an apple mix for a while.  You get the sort of zest note from the oranges, and there is spice but not harsh.  Interesting that there is anise listed.  I would never have known that just by smelling it but I think that's what gives that slight spicy note, almost like a hint of spiced gumdrops.  This is bright, but warm, if you can imagine that.

I melted this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had medium-strong scent with decent throw.  The area around the warmer is awesomely strong, and it tapers off somewhat in adjacent rooms.

I really like this for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like another winner! Yay! Mmmmmm, spice drops are amazing, I can imagine this in my head. Lovely description!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a surprise hit for me. Santa could bring me more of this and I'd be happy. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete