Monday, November 25, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Sweet Potato Pie

Sweet Potato Pie- 'The delicious aroma of candied yams, melted marshmallows, sugar and spice on a buttery crunchy crust.'
 
I had this one last year and loved it so much I knew I had to get it again for Thanksgiving-time this year.  I still love this!  It reminds me of a pumpkin scent, which makes me wonder if pumpkins and yams really do smell alike?  LOL  Anyway, this is a warm and creamy fall bakery scent, very inviting and comforting on these colder days.  The main note is that pumpkin-type yam scent.  The spice is very soft, just enough to add some warmth.  The buttery crust note is there in the background, and then there is an all-around creaminess to it.  Soooo good for these days close to Thanksgiving.
I first tried melting just half of this tart, which would have been about .7 oz. worth.  I've been having good luck with lesser amounts of wax, and I remembered this one being very strong last year.  Melting half of the tart in my tea light warmer got me a medium scent but a good strong throw.  I could actually smell this better in other rooms than in the area around my warmer.  The next time I melted it, I added the other half so I was now melting the full tart.  This also gave me a medium scent in the area of my warmer but that strong throw gave a nice strong scent in the next room.  (It's also a very cold and windy day and my drafty old farmhouse might be causing the scent to drift.)

This is a definite winner again this holiday season.

6 comments:

  1. I can't remember if I ordered this one when I placed my sweet fixations order ….
    I was trying to remember your favorites and the ones you've mentioned recently so I think this one did get ordered --so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one! Can't wait to see what you get from Sweet Fixations. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Hi Deb I haven't tried sweet fixations yet. So many vendors I can't keep up. I'm not a pumpkin fan so I should look into sweet potato I just might like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sweet Fixations but I'm finding more and more that aren't as strong as I'd like.

      If you don't like pumpkin, you probably won't like this. It is a lot like pumpkin.

      ~Deb

      Delete