Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Melted - Better Homes & Gardens / A Thankful Harvest

A Thankful Harvest was one of my absolute favorites last fall and I'm actually working my way through my second pack of it this year.  (I had a leftover pack from last year.)  When it comes to pumpkin scents, this is not as spicy as most tend to be.  There IS still spice, but it's softer and this scent overall is more creamy and warm.  I mentioned in my cold sniff notes that there are no bakery notes such as pie crust.  Not sure what I was thinking, because there is something bakery in here.  It doesn't scream 'Pumpkin pie!' at you though.  This is a more buttery scent than some other pumpkins.  And maybe there is more than just pumpkin in here?!  Who knows, since Better Homes & Gardens doesn't use any scent descriptions.  There might be sweet potato instead of pumpkin in this.  Maybe there is squash?  Brown Sugar?  I just don't know, but I love it.

Melting two cubes in my tea light warmer, I had awesomely strong scent and throw, just the way I like it.  While it did get to every corner of the house, it is not overpowering in a gaggy and fake scent way.  It just adds a coziness and warmth to the house on these increasingly chillier pre-winter days.

Love this one!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy - I've been craving these kind of scents lately! I keep forgetting to check out tart sections of stores when I'm out shopping, bah! Maybe I can get my roomie to make a pumpkin pie... haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always going to Walmart, and these tarts are so affordable that I'm always checking for new stuff when I'm there. I don't really check other stores' tarts because I know they're all higher priced.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. *shakes my fists at BHG* for not putting scent descriptions on their wax!
    I know I have this somewhere, I'll have to find it and melt it tomorrow. I wish I would've bought a few more now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you find it? Did you melt it?? I'm wishing I had more now, but I can't find ANY of the fall ones at my Walmart now that they've got the winter scents.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. I wish I could get those here in Belgium, I tried at amazon.com, but they dont send those to Belgium. I think I gonna try ebay next month. I allready spend my budget for this month, all on wax melts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks that you can't get them. The whole world should be able to get Better Homes & Gardens tarts!!! =)

      What others did you spend your budget on?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I ordered from kringle candles (they have a uk webshop that sends to the rest of europe :o), also yankee candle tarts and from Berties Umbrella (etsy). The first and the last one are new for me. I'm a newby with melting.

      Delete
    3. I had never heard of Berties Umbrella but since I do love Etsy I just went and checked it out and ohhh my! I think I need to place an order! Thanks for mentioning that one. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete