Sunday, December 8, 2013

Haul - The Bathing Garden / Nov. 6 Restock

Finally got my latest order from The Bathing Garden.  This was from the Nov. 6 restock.  I don't know why I keep ordering when I haven't even melted anything from the previous orders.  And I don't know why I keep pushing my Bathing Garden tarts aside when I'm looking for something to melt.  Maybe somewhere in my head I'm still thinking they're not strong enough, because that was my first experience . . . ??  Then why the heck do I keep ordering?  *crazy lady among us*

Well, insanity aside, let's take a look at what I got this time.

Spiked Butter Cream Gingerbread- 'Spiked eggnog, vanilla butter cream frosting, and spicy gingerbread.'
 
I know when I placed this order I was looking for Christmas scents and since my beloved BH&G failed me this year with their lack of eggnog and gingerbread scents, this sounded like an interesting 2-in-1 alternative.  Then I was worried, while still waiting for my order to arrive, when Sunnee (Fragrance Obsessed)  described this as something completely different than what I'd imagined, and said it was heavy on spice.  I don't mind spicy scents but there is something in The Bathing Garden's spice mix that is harsh and odd.  But now that I have mine, I'm relieved to find I like it and don't see it as she described it.  I do get the creamy eggnog notes, and I do get the spicy gingerbread notes.  It's not overly spicy to me, and definitely not that icky weird spice note that I was fearing.  Well, at least not on cold sniff.  (Clamshell tarts sell for $3.50 each.)

Pumpkin Crunch Cake- 'Spicy pumpkin blended with cake notes.'
 
This was my freebie, a full clamshell.  I was immediately leery because it's the pumpkin scents that I've experienced that really wonky spice note.  On cold sniff, this doesn't seem to have it, although there is a pretty strong cinnamon note to it.  I do get a bit of the cake note in the background.  This seems yummy, maybe even something I can still sneak in during the Christmas season because it's so cinnamon-y.
 
 Peppermint Marshmallow Fluff w/Shea Butter- 'Marshmallow fluff is blended with sweet peppermint.'
 
My previous order was my first time trying The Bathing Garden's sugar scrubs, and while it wasn't the best scrub I've tried, it was enjoyable enough and quite affordable when comparing it to prices of others.  So I decided to go ahead and get a couple more.  Although now that Christmas is creeping up, I'm not sure if I'll keep these for myself or give them as gifts.  
 
This one is Peppermint Marshmallow Fluff because, again, you need peppermint scents at Christmas.  Sniffing, unused, straight from the jar, it doesn't seem like it matches the description at all.  I only get the faintest hint of mint and it's a very sweet mint way down deep in the overall scent.  And that main note doesn't seem like marshmallow.  It's a nice, sweet scent, but just nothing like what I was expecting.

Russian Ice Bath w/Orange Butter - 'Peppermint, menthol, spearmint, eucalyptus, lemon, and a touch of vanilla.'

I was very intrigued by this scent description and almost got this in tart form, but then thought it would be easier to use up as a scrub if I didn't like the scent.  LOL  And you know what's weird?  I think what I'm smelling in the Peppermint Marshmallow Fluff would fit this description more.  I wonder if these are mixed up?  This one smells way more minty, and yes there is a lot of mint listed, but I don't get any lemon or anything.  I'm all confused now.  Regardless, this is a nice lighter fragrance, full of mint.  (Sugar scrubs in 4 oz. jars sell for $5.25 each.)

If anyone has had either of these two scents, let me know what yours were like.


Pearls of Winter w/Cranberry Butter- 'Red apples, sweet strawberries, pink cotton candy, and raspberry ice.'
 
I also received this 2 oz. freebie scrub.  This is a really bright, pretty scent that would be a good summer scent in tart form.  I can't decide if the strawberry or the apple is the more dominant note, so we'll say they're skipping around hand in hand, followed by lots of sweetness from the cotton candy.  A fun, fun scent!
 
Turnaround time was a lot longer for this order.  Apparently you really do still need to get in there fast and early.  The restock was listed on Nov. 6, but I didn't pay for mine until Nov. 8, and I didn't receive my order until Dec.6.  I've heard different things about why things took longer this time but whatever.  I'll have to remember to order immediately if I order again.

(Thank you, as always, for the freebies, Shannon!!  They are greatly appreciated.)

9 comments:

  1. Sharon makes wonderful tarts and always puts so much heart and creativity into it. I do wish she still had an active "shop" rather than Facebook restocking every now and then. Seems like all my favorite e-tailers are going on hiatus or restocking randomly. I know certain circumstances come up and what not, very unfortunate.

    I still have a couple of hers from last year in Christmas scents that I didn't "like" until reopening now that it is December. (Am I the only one who is made ill by winter scents any time other than November or December? Blah.) Great little haul! Hope these are stronger than your last batch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a very seasonal melter so, yeah, winter scents in summer just don't work for me. Just like the idea of something coconut-y right now when it's snowy and 17 degrees would not be happening.

      I hate the new way of doing business that so many of the wax vendors have *ahem* 'been forced' to adopt. I'll stick with ones that stay open, stay consistent.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. "I don't know why I keep ordering when I haven't even melted anything from the previous orders." - Story of my life!

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I almost melted something from The Bathing Garden today, then grabbed BH&G instead.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. She did misslabel a scrub on me once a while back. It was sea of tears and marked as blue hawaiian and two stocks ago my sleeping draught tart was marked as old time holiday shop. I totally don't mind. I can only imagine how crazy things get but you might be right about the scrubs being mixed up on accident. I can't wait for my order to come as they are gifts and I love to wrap! You are spot on about not lingering during order time. I waited until the 11th so I am way back in the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to see the Russian Ice Bath tart in haul pic and it looked all white with 'ice' sprinkles.....right? So I think these are correct. Still seems weird though.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. "And while it wasn't the best scrub I've tried, it was enjoyable "
    makes me curious to ask what some of your other fave scrubs are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved the Petals Bath Boutique scrubs but she doesn't seem to have them in her shop much anymore.

      And somewhere in my head I seem to remember loving the Haus of Gloi scrub, but it's been forever since I've had anything from them that I'd have to look back through my blog to be sure.

      ~Deb

      Delete