So I went back and forth all day about ordering, probably drove hubby nuts in my 'Should I?' questioning. In the end I decided to just go ahead and place a small order. There were a handful of new Christmas scents in the sale section and even though nothing wowed me when I read the descriptions, I ordered them anyway because ya never know . . . right?
So what did I get?
- Merry Mistletoe- 'Citrus, blue spruce, and frosted cranberries.' Smells mainly like a Christmas tree, a hint of sweetness.
- Christmas Hearth- 'Orange spice notes, fir and pine from the christmas tree with a hint of smokiness from the fireplace.' This one is more citrus, sort of like the zest, touch of spice, and the faintest hint of smokiness.
- Holly Berry- 'Balsam fir and cinnamon with sweet berries and plum.' The evergreen note is there but the sweet of the fruit and the warmth of the cinnamon mask it quite a bit.
- Frostbite- 'Strong, sweet wintergreen mint. Very refreshing!' Reminds me of the Wint-O-Green Lifesavers candy. (This one is not new.)
- Holiday Sparkle- 'A wonderful blend of apple cider, berries, spruce and orange. With grapefruit and cinnamon and clover. A great way to celebrate the holidays.' I don't like this one at all. It's mainly a bright, citrus-y scent but there is something in there that is 'dark' and weird. Remember earlier in the year I had a scent from somewhere that reminded me of a urinal cake? This one brings to mind similar thoughts, like cheap bathroom air freshener trying to cover someone's nasty poop job. LOL
- Spiked Eggnog- 'A yummy holiday drink with vanilla, rum, and nutmeg!' Pretty sure I had this last Christmas. A really nice, typical eggnog scent. You really get the rum in this one. (This one is not new.)
- Christmas Past- 'Smells just like christmas. Blue spruce, fir and pine. With a warm woody base and cinnamon.' This one has quite a bit of the woody note, and I'm iffy on that, but it also does kinda remind of those scented pine cones you see at Walmart or at craft stores this time of year.
- Blue Spruce - [no scent description] This might be a new one since I don't see it listed on the site. On the lighter side on cold sniff, sort of one of those 'fresh air' spa type scents with a hint of typical Christmas tree scent.
And the other sample was . . .
Zucchini Bread- Fresh zucchini, and cinnamon with hints of spice. More on the creamy side.
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The worst possible scent that could have been sent to me! Oh, I just had to laugh when I pulled this out of the box. You probably know by now that I pretty much *hate* zucchini bread scents. But I was fair and gave it a sniff. This is straight up, salty, corn chips scent. And the funniest part is that hubby *loves* it! Noooooooooo!
She also has some jars of wax crumbles available now for $7.00, and some really cute gift sets that consist of several styles of tarts in a holiday mug, for $15.00. The tarts in the sale section are Ready To Ship, single scallops, for $1.00 each. I just looked as I was writing this post and it looks like those prices are still in effect.
All orders placed on Black Friday also received a coupon code for 10-15% off a future order. My little card doesn't tell me what percent it is so I guess it's a surprise when I eventually use it.
Shipping was amazingly fast. True, these were all ready to ship items but still, I placed my order on Friday afternoon and received my package in Monday's mail. LOVE THAT!!!!
And that is my one little Black Friday haul. While I'm not really wowed by any of these scents (most are new, and new to me) I think I'll still hold off ordering Christmas/winter scents from anywhere else. I have a decent little stash here already, and I'll wait and see if Santa brings me any. Oh, and the Rosegirls opening is only four days away now! Wheeeee!