Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Melted - Back Home Scents / Sugar Plum

Sugar Plum - 'A juicy, sugary plum with mulled notes of fig, apricot and cherry with spicy hints of cinnamon, clove and a touch of sugary vanilla.
 
Now this is what I expect a Sugar Plum scent to smell like, whether it has Fairy in the name or not.  The one I had the other day from a different vendor was too woody and like a Christmas tree.  This one, however, was candy sweet and bright and fun and happy.  Sometimes it almost seemed like a grape scent, but I guess that was the cherry and plum.  There is a touch of warmth from the soft mulled spice note, and a bit of creaminess.  You can totally imagine sugared fruits, the sweet sugary note is so distinct.  This was a good one, but maybe too sweet for some.
 
I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had medium scent that came in stronger waves if the air was stirred up, such as someone walking by.  It took a while for the scent to appear though.
 
I like this as a Christmas 'candy' type scent!

2 comments:

  1. Does this smell anything like figs +ribbon candy? I have never smelled a true sugalile sugar plum, but if this sweet like candy, that's what I imagine it to smell like! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what figs smell like so I can't answer that. This was good though, probably IS like you're imagining.

      ~Deb

      Delete