Sunday, December 8, 2013

Melted - Back Home Scents / Twisted Peppermint

Twisted Peppermint - 'A different twist on candy cane! Sweet peppermint candies twisted with sugary vanilla & cotton candy!

This is a nice peppermint scent, not too harsh because of the extra sweetness from the cotton candy and the bit of warmth from the vanilla.  I'm not sure how close this is to the original B&BW version because I am by no means a B&BW expert, but it's a nice wintery scent nonetheless.  I think I've had creamier versions from other vendors.  This one does still have a bit of the bite from the peppermint.

I melted this entire 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had medium scent.  It was nice in the area around the warmer, with stronger waves of it if someone walked by and stirred up the air.  This would be great for smaller rooms, or if you prefer lighter scents.

4 comments:

  1. The B&BW Twisted Peppermint notes are peppermint, vanilla and "sugary musk" (whatever that means), but it sounds like this one's pretty similar. I was afraid the mint in B&BW's would be too sharp and strong, but it was fine. Didn't upset the cat like Zen from Scentsationals does sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kinda funny because I wanted to say there might have been a hint of musk, but then I thought that was crazy and I never did go look up just what B&BW's version included.

      I see Zen all the time at my Walmart, and have sniffed it often, but have never bought it. Cat's don't like it, huh?

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. It's the only scent she's ever apparently noticed. Maybe because I usually melt it with a window open and didn't this time around, but she was sitting staring at the bedroom door where the melter is, sniffing the air and waggling her ears around like she does when she's not happy. Cats usually like mint scents, but Zen is pretty strong so it was probably overwhelming. Otherwise, it's a great sleeping scent.

      Delete
    3. Minion was acting a bit weird about one I was melting today, Christmas Past (Sweet Fixations). It kinda gave me a headache so I suppose he was justified in his 'Eeuw!' attitude.

      ~Deb

      Delete