Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Melted - Bertie's Umbrella / Christmas Cookies

Christmas Cookies - 'A mouth watering combination of sweet buttery cookies with hints of ginger, fresh ground cinnamon, and sweet molasses, with just a pinch of vanilla and clove.'
 
I said in my cold sniff/haul post that this had an odd note that struck me as the sort of 'sour' in cheesecake, or as molasses.  I've melted this twice now (had a 4-pack) and that note just keeps jumping out at me.  I think the name Christmas Cookies is misleading because I think most people would tend to expect a simple sugar cookie type scent, and this is not like that.  The description seems to imply more of a gingerbread cookie, and I think that's more like what I'm smelling with this.  So that makes me think the odd note is indeed molasses.  Whatever is going on, this is a warm, bakery scent for sure.  It's a little bit spicy, a bit sweet and creamy.

Yeah, we're just going to say this is gingerbread.

I melted this 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had medium scent.  It was strongest when someone walked by and stirred up the air, otherwise it was just sort of barely there if you left the area around the warmer.  It did seem to travel into one adjacent room on a more consistent medium level though.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I had never heard of Bertie's Umbrella. I don't think I would have thought of gingerbread with the scent name of Christmas Cookies. Ah well...thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of Bertie's Umbrella until recently, when another blog reader mentioned them in a comment. I was curious, and decided to try them out. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete