Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Melted - Candles From The Keeping Room / Glade Glistening Snow

Glade Glistening Snow - 'Fresh bayberry with undertones of cinnamon, clove and peppermint!'

This is another nice winter scent, a change of pace from the usual pine and mint scents often associated with Christmas.  Although peppermint is listed in the description, this isn't really a minty scent.  It gives the scent a crispness, the 'snow' part, if you want to think about it like that.  The cinnamon is also soft, adding a bit of warmth, which seems odd if you're trying for a 'snow' feel, but it works.  And although I don't know what bayberry actually smells like, the bulk of the scent is a sort of sweet, slightly juicy, slightly 'green' mix.  It really does make me think of sunny, snowy days.

I melted this 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had medium scent.  It always seems to take a while for CFTKR's tarts to build up there scent.  At least it seems that way to me.  Perhaps electric warmers are better for this type of situation because with a 4-hour tea light burn, it seems the first hour or so is spent trying to melt the hard wax and heat up the scent.  But anyway, I would have liked this to be stronger because it doesn't seem like a scent that would be overwhelming.  Still, it was nice at the medium level I managed to get.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I like to melt/burn things that veer away from the minty/heavy spice type smells this time of year. I love CFTKR. I use electric melters and bulb melters for mine and they do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used tea light warmers from the start and have just gotten so used to them. I did buy one of those Glade hot plate warmers earlier this year and tried it a few times, but went back to the tea lights. My problem with electric ones is finding a place near an outlet. Tea light warmers are small and portable, which I like.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. That certainly makes sense. I do love the flickering flame of the tealight.

      Delete
    3. But so many of the electric warmers are insanely cute and/or gorgeous!

      ~Deb

      Delete