Sunday, December 22, 2013

Melted - Candles From The Keeping Room / Christmas Cabin

Christmas Cabin - 'A wonderful blend of bayberries and cranberries with a top note of freshly crushed cinnamon bark with hints of orange zests.'
 
This was nice, a bit of that 'craft store at Christmas' type feel about it.  The cinnamon is not at all harsh, so have no fear, spice haters.  It just lends a very nice warmth to the sweet and tart juiciness of the other notes.  I don't know just what bayberry smells like, but I don't pick out any distinct orange or cranberry.  Instead it's just a nice, holiday spiced fruit scent.  Very nice if you're looking for something besides pine or mint during the Christmas season.
 
I melted this 1+ oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had medium scent.  It often seems to take a while (for me at least) for CFTKR tarts to heat up and release their full scent.  This did travel lightly into adjacent rooms, and was a nice sort of quietly in the background scent.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds pleasant on a chilly winter morning. CFTKR has some nice tarts. I will keep this one in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice change of pace but still Christmas-y. I overloaded myself on mints and pines just like I did with pumpkin scents in the fall. Some year I'll learn...

      ~Deb

      Delete