Friday, December 20, 2013

Melted - The Melting Fairy / Eggnog

Eggnog - 'This scent is an exact eggnog scent. This fragrance is a creamy blend of buttercream vanilla with the perfect balance of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove.'
 
I melted my very first tart from the brand new Melting Fairy monthly box program.  Since Christmas is only days away, I decided to start with Eggnog scent.  I wasn't sure what to expect from this since it's my first experience with this vendor.  The cold throw was only light-medium so I was afraid this would be weak.  It turned out fine though!

I would like to point out one thing though.  I *hate* the cupcake style wrapper these come in.  I did not like them from another well known vendor that uses them, and I do not like them with these.  They are simply too hard to remove from the wax.  You have to actually kinda break into the edge of the wax to get a tear in the paper started, then you have to peel it off in pieces.  I'm hoping down the road they will change the style of tart so it doesn't have to come in these annoying paper wrappers.

But moving on, this is a really nice, classic Eggnog sent.  This one doesn't mention rum, and I didn't really notice a rum note but the typical 'nog' note is there.  This is sweet and creamy, yet warm and softly spiced.  I quite liked it.

I melted this .6 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had medium-strong scent that carried well.  I could very easily smell it throughout most of the house but it was never on an overwhelming level.  I melted the first tart in my usual spot during the morning, and then melted the second tart from this 2-pack in the living room during the afternoon.  Even after the afternoon burn had ended and the tart had long cooled, there was a light lingering scent of Eggnog throughout the house.

Except for the dang wrapper, I am highly pleased with my Melting Fairy experience so far.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! I heard back and I have to wait for new January scents to pop up to place my first order officially. Excited to see what is posted. Glad you like the first one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really curious to see what new scents there are. Did they say when it would be time to order?

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. No specific date given, just January. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take that back! I reread email and it said by Monday it should be finalized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked and there is nothing ready yet. Hope it's soon!

      ~Deb

      Delete