Friday, December 27, 2013

Melted - The Melting Fairy / Hot Cranberry Tea

Hot Cranberry Tea - 'This scent has base notes of vanilla and amber, and top notes of white flower, ylang ylang, bergamot, and cranberry. Perfect for a cold winter night of relaxation!'
 
This is such an interestingly yummy scent.  Normally things like amber and bergamot and white flower in a scent description would have me passing it by.  I think the call of vanilla and cranberry in a tea scent are what made me give this a try and I'm so glad I did.  There is quite a strong, tart cranberry note right off the bat in this one, riding a strong tea note.  The vanilla adds a bit of softness and warmth, and then all the other notes are just doing thing in and around the main scents.  It is somewhat on the pretty side, almost perfume-y at times, but the warm tea illusion makes it all ok.
 
I melted this .6 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had awesomely strong scent in the room the warmer is in, with lighter versions of the scent traveling into adjacent rooms. This started out strong, with immediate scent as soon as it hit the warmer, but it faded significantly before the fours of one tea light burn.  That was a bummer.  (And I'd like to point out again that I really do not like those foil cupcake style wrappers.)

If you like tea scents, you should definitely try this one!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. This sounds like a scent I would like. I'm not fond of the foil wrappers for wax melts either. I'm not sure why. I think it's because I don't like fiddling with the wax. ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like fiddling with it either. If there was a waxless edge to get a grip on to start peeling it off, it might be ok, but on these there isn't. The wax goes right up to the edge, so in order to get it started you have to jub a fingernail into the wax, and then you have to handle it in both hands to peel it like an orange, and then your hands are waxy/oily and smell like the tart for a long time.

      This scent was nice though!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. So excited to hear this was strong! Did you pick your January scents?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only strong for a little while though. =(

      And yep, picked my January scents. I'm most anxious to see what the custom blend is, and if there are any freebies again. Hehe!

      ~Deb

      Delete