Sunday, December 29, 2013

Melted - The Melting Fairy / Vanilla Macadamia Nut Coffee

Vanilla Macadamia Nut Coffee - 'This scent is a nutty vanilla laced sweet coffee fragrance, perfect for the cold fall and winter months!'
 
I didn't get much of a coffee note in this but the scent was still really nice, very warm and creamy and nutty.  I kept thinking this was hazelnut, had to keep reminding myself it was macadamia nut.  Guess the two smell similar with vanilla and coffee, huh?  But yeah, it very much reminded me of that good ol' hazelnut cream type scent that I love so much.  There was a bit of a coffee note adding a bit of something extra, but overall I don't think you'd specifically think 'oh, that's a coffee scent.'
 
I melted this .6 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had about a medium strength scent.  As I'm finding with these Melting Fairy tarts, they start off awesomely strong but fade quickly, usually before one 4-hour tea light candle burn is through.  There was still very light scent by the end but nowhere near how great it was in the beginning.
 
I did like this scent, just wish it stayed strong.
 
(And again, putting it out there that I hate the foil cupcake style wrappers.)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a scent I'd like. Thanks for these reviews on The Melting Fairy. I'm trying to make up my mind on an order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had fun with it so far. I wish the scents lasted longer, but maybe that's something they can work on. I hadn't expected free extras in the box so now I'm anxious to see what's in the next box, plus we don't know what the blend of the month will be until we get it, so that's fun too.

      ~Deb

      Delete