Friday, December 13, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Christmas Hearth

Christmas Hearth- 'Orange spice notes, fir and pine from the Christmas tree with a hint of smokiness from the fireplace.'
 
Another of the new Christmas scents from Sweet Fixations, I ordered this even though that 'hint of smokiness' scared me a little.  You probably know by now that I've discovered I'm just not a fan of smoky, fireside, bonfire type notes.  Luckily it's barely there in this scent.  At first I didn't think I'd like this, that it would be just another generic 'pretty Christmas scent' with nothing really Christmas-y about it, but it was actually a really nice mix of the things that make one of those good 'craft store at Christmas time' scents.  Spiced orange seems to be the predominant note, followed by a bit of pine that's so nicely blended you barely notice it on its own.  That smoky note is sort of a soft background or afterthought type thing.  It's there, but just quietly going about its business.

I melted this 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had medium strength scent.  It was nice on this slightly lighter scale because I think this is one that could be too overwhelming if it was stronger.  The orange note seemed way stronger in the beginning, then it mellowed and blended nicely with everything, and then the smoky note seemed to come out a bit more towards the end of the four hour tea light burn.

A nice holiday scent that I might consider ordering again.

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked this one a bajillion times more than Christmas Past, which is also from Sweet Fixations and was reviewed today.

      ~Deb

      Delete