Thursday, December 19, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Frostbite

Frostbite- 'Strong, sweet wintergreen mint. Very refreshing!'
 
Although I'm not quite sure what the actual differences between spearmint and wintergreen are, when I think about Lifesavers and Wrigleys chewing gum, this Frostbite tart reminds me more of the spearmint options.  It's a softer mint, almost sugary and foodie.  This isn't a bad scent but as far as mint scents go, this is not a favorite of mine, and it doesn't really speak to me of Christmas.  OH!  It kinda reminds me of those round pink 'minty' candies my grandma used to have all the time, the ones that reminded me of Pepto-Bismol.  (Anyone know what I'm talking about?!)

I melted this 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had medium-strong scent.  It was pleasant enough at this level, and did travel lightly into adjacent rooms.

I probably would not order this again simply because it's not the type of mint I prefer.

2 comments:

  1. Glad it performed well for you :-) I like TBG crystallized spearmint and peppermint but not spearmint gums. I do prefer straight up peppermints. Do you melt mints year round? I have never melted January thru March. So wondering if I will stick with them or go floral or bakery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mainly melt them during the Christmas season but I'm not against things like mint-chocolate chip during other times of year. My menfolk don't prefer mint scents so I limit myself. *I* love mint scents though. =)

      And I looked up those candies I was talking about and, ha, they are wintergreen afterall.

      ~Deb

      Delete