Thursday, December 12, 2013

Melted - Sweet Fixations / Holiday Sparkle

Holiday Sparkle- 'A wonderful blend of apple cider, berries, spruce and orange. With grapefruit and cinnamon and clove. A great way to celebrate the holidays.'
This is another of the new Christmas scents over at Sweet Fixations.  This one is bright and pretty, strong on the grapefruit and citrus zest notes.  The bit of spice is very muted, nice and soft and warm, so spice haters won't have to fear this one.  And I do get that sweet spruce note again.  Maybe it's more of that spruce I'm smelling and not the grapefruit?  The spice doesn't seem like much but it really helps this from being too headachingly 'sweet' like Blue Spruce was.

I melted this whole 1 oz. tart in my tea light warmer and had a very lovely medium strength scent.  I usually like strong scents but sometimes less is more.  This was very noticeable but nowhere near the overwhelming level that Blue Spruce was.  Between the the two spruce scents, I would pick this one.  It did seem to fade quite a bit by the end of a four hour tea light burn but I'm ok with that because this isn't the type of scent I'd be able to smell all day.

This is a nice holiday scent that I would consider ordering again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment