Friday, December 27, 2013

Rosegirls Christmas Haul

After hubby and I went to the opening of the Rosegirls boutique earlier in December, I had been wondering if he'd go back there to do some Christmas shopping.  And he did!  I got three bags and one cookie for Christmas.

Wonders of the World - Rosegirls Custom Blend - 'Our Butterscotch Supreme is a unique blend of Monster Cookie, Butterscotch and Ooey Gooey Sticky Caramel.'
 
I'm still very much a Rosegirls noob, only familiar with one or two of their scents.  When I saw this one described somewhere on Facebook, I was all 'Ohhhhhhhhmygawd,' and added it to my Christmas list.  Hubby said he asked for it when he was shopping, and while they didn't have any bags of the chunks available they did say they had the components in brittle form and those could just be blended to make the Wonders of the World scent.  So hubby bought a bag of it that way.
 
(When we went to the opening, I had been looking for Monster Cookie Fluff Puff because, at that time, that was the only scent I really knew and loved from Rosegirls.  They didn't have any made, but offered a bag of the brittle pieces in the scents needed to blend and make it myself.  I passed on that because, maybe I'm weird, it's just not the same.  Are they saying their things are just 50-50 then?  I put in equal amounts of this piece and that piece and it's exactly recreating the scent?)
 
This smells soooooo good.  It's quite rich though, so I can see how some people wouldn't like it.  And I know now that it's butterscotch scent over caramel that I love.  The two blending in here though, there is an almost coffee-like note.  There is a creaminess in this, and warmth, and a hint of a salty note.  Yummers!!
 
Caramel Dipped Marshmallows - [no scent description]
 
When I stick my nose in the bag and inhale, I get a pretty good dose of the marshmallow note, but when I pull a chunk out and just sniff that, the caramel seems to be the stronger note.  Either way, pretty dang yummy.

Wildberry and Sweet Lemon Confection - [no scent description]

I bought a scent shot in Sweet Lemon Confection scent ('Decadent sweet lemon custard whipped to a creamy and smooth finish.') when we went to the opening.  I loooooove lemon scents!  I don't know if hubby remembered that, or if the purple and yellow of this appealed to the Viking fan in him, or if he just sniffed it and like it.  The Lemon Confection if definitely the stronger part of this blend.  It's creamy and lemony and oh so good.  Then the wildberry part comes in, kinda lurking quietly in the background until the lemon steps aside.  This is another yummy one.

Garden of Eden - [no scent description]

Hubby said they recognized and remembered him right away when he went back to the store.  He thought that was rather funny, and nice.  When we went to the opening, I was allowed to pick a free 'cookie' tart and at that time I thought it was because I was part of the Facebook group.  Well, hubby said they offered him a free 'cookie' again when he went back so I don't know if it's just an ongoing promotion they have or what?  Whatever the reason, the freebie he picked was this Garden of Eden scent.  I asked if he picked it because of the Vikings colors and while he didn't deny it, he did say he liked this scent.  This is nice but we have very different tastes in scents and this leans more towards his bright and pretty and floral type preferences.  I asked about the scent on the Facebook page and was told it's a secret blend but that it includes lavender and fruit.  With the name Garden of Eden, I would guess there has to be apple in the fruit part.  I don't really get a distinct apple note though.  Sometimes I think there is a faint hint of banana (?!) in this.  It's interesting, and pretty.

And that is my little Rosegirls Christmas haul.  Might seem small but if you consider there are five chunks in each bag, and each of those chunks can easily be cut in half . . . well, that's a lot of melting I can get out of these.  I think I kinda like having a local wax shop!  LOL

8 comments:

  1. Mmmm - those sound delicious! What a sweet Christmas gift from your husband. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I'd suspected he went there, I was surprised to actually open the gift and find that it was indeed Rosegirls. LOL And then I didn't even find the 'cookie' until later because it was stuffed into my Christmas stocking.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Great picks Mr. Viking! He got you some great smellies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did indeed. I wonder if he'll ever go back there again? LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Hmm... I'm going to have to figure out exactly where this is. I'm in the Twin Cities so maybe a road trip is in my future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, Twin Cities! I lovelovelove your area! It would be about 5-6 hours drive for you. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  4. What a sweet hubby you have, Deb :)

    I'll look forward to reading your melting reviews on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get to them eventually. I melt things on a much slower pace than most people it seems. Now that my Holiday Scents Only season is over, I can just do random dives into my stash and melt whatever I pull out. =)

      ~Deb

      Delete